Reviews for Heartache Is So Last Year
vitriolicvermilion chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
Damn. Bitchy and defiant and very "don't-take-shit". It makes you want to live out loud and be a little mean to get back at everyone that's hurt you before. Also, I love haiku.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
Thanks for your reviews awhile back! Sorry it took me so long to return the favor.

I love this because it is definitely not what I expected. The humor element was a really unexpected and great touch. I especially liked the line "Purple's in fashion." And the last line was great as well.

The italics issue here bothered me though. You use it for dialogue mostly, but not with the purple in style part. Unless that was supposed to be spoken, but you didn't have a someone said, etc. which the other parts did. Other than that nitpick it's a great job.

PS Check out the Review Game and/or its Review Marathon (links in my profile.)
milkthepanda chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
Fantastic! If only we all responded this way to betrayal.
lenavis chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
...and this is a perfect example of why we never get into long-term relationships with bad boys - they eventually will turn into jerks.

I love the format in which you told this...and also how the little snippets of dialog move the story along.

also: 'purple's in fashion'

I laughed so hard when I read that. :)

(and sorry my review's so late..._
natmarie chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
I like the concept of a story in haiku, I've always sucked at that particular form of poetry so I aplaude you. Nicely crafted and sharp message that a lot of people can realate to.
nevermore199 chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
I've wanted to write a story in haiku (haikus? must check) for a while now, and I've very pleased and impressed that you've done it. :) Lovely job on this.
Isca chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
"Wrong. We were all wrong." Good transition.

"Plus, there's someone else." Wow. That's a good plot twist.

"Purple's in fashion." Ahahahah. Priceless.
Ondine's Curse chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
endearing story, truly.
NoRoadsLeft chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
HAHA..wow. this is really funny. kinda hate that guy. it's really nice and funny. especially the last line. yeah. can't give you a better review, thanks to you, my brain isn't working properly..
nickyO chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Stormy-"we were all wrong. From his music to my hair"

What a great line.
writingpistachio chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
:D That was *a-w-e-s-o-m-e*

The fourth stanza brilliant, and really, I love any set of haikus strung together to tell a story.

Seriously. This entire piece was epic win. *guilty face* apologies for using such an [eloquent] word, but really.

Great work!

writingpistachio
Little girl Big world chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Oh I love it when there is a grouping of haiku's that tell a story. Very hard to do, for me anyways, but you pull it off well. I really like, the second and fifth stanza. Nicely written :)