Reviews for Avant
Jalux chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
I like the idea behind this, opposites that attract each other, it's a really interesting way to look at it and that's where most of the story's strength comes from I feel. The writing is also superb, it's condensed but gets a lot of detail across which makes for an excellent read. There were a few minor grammar mistakes but I think others have pointed it out so I won't repeat myself.
alltheeagles chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
For the RG EF

I like the basic premise of this story - opposites that attract even to the destruction of each other is always an interesting topic to write about. However, I'd not have made the anthropomophism so absolute and literal; I think a more metaphorical perspective would work better.

Having said that, I think you did a good job of characterization, in that the personalities of Fire and Water are indeed consistent with their namesakes. Incidentally, of the two, I like Water more - mostly because of his double entendres. The tension between them was quite well done as well.

Editing:
- should that be 'heat and DEATH'?
- STINGING (not stringing) pain
Teldra chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
This is great :)
K.T. Tag chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
that was great, I always loved the whole "We aren't and we can't be together." thing. Thought it is kinda heart breaking to see the characters in a situation that they can't control. I love them though.
Nelleh Faremyr chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
Yeah, me ;)

You know these names by now, I think.

Darling... this is so beautiful that it leaves you with heart-ache. I can't really say more than this.

I'd forgotten to leave you something of my mind, but HELLS - this is... just... *speech-less*

So, yeah. Killed me the right way, it did.
Revontulet Zvezda chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
This was very hot. I liked their battle, but indeed they would have to recognize that both are necessary for life. Too bad you didn't include a sex scene.
MantraMagazine chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
Well, I must admit I'm as impressed as always when I read your stories. This is a beautiful portrayal of the passion between the elements. I loved how it wasn't simply mages that longed to be together despite their fundamental differences (though those aren't bad either) but the elements themselves in human form who both wanted and hated each other; passion and brutality. Though that may simply be my impression, I loved every minute of imagining all the others. Per usual the cadence of your writing was smooth and undisturbed though it sometime rocked with the frenzy of the moments (positively, I assure you) and I can't help but want to know more. I want to know all about their struggles and where they came from and if they knew each other when they were young- if there ever was a time. That desire for more shows just how capable a writer you are.

I could go on and on about their physical encounter and how amazed and happy I am that, true to the elements themselves, were unable to fully touch each other. Their wanton, eternal lust was envious and the longing that made itself known because they couldn't be together was well crafted on your part. So many authors would let them touch, have at least one reprieve, but you preserved the true plight of opposites attracted. And their dialog, especially on Water's part -shiver- well done my friend, well done!

So thank you for writing such a tantalizing short story; I loved every second of it.
Hedo-han chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
OMG, dear.

*excuse me while I go fangirl in a corner*

OMG. OMG.

This is so extremely well-written. First off, it's so much better written than the TV Tropes/Wikipedia trash I posted on Eljay because you have depth, characterisation and stunning, stunning imagery. I don't know where to start!

I think you hit several of my kinks in this fic. Not only sexual ones, mind you XD. You see, I love fight scenes in the sea – and you wrote it out so well. And you used whips and a glove! Fkfjkfjfkjfk LOL. I absolutely don't mind the piratesque theme. I LOVE IT.

Then the description of Fire's house and the dance at the beach – his interaction with the girl. It was so very, very sensuous. But I also loved the atmosphere at the beach; it was so well-written that it could have directly sprung out of a novel. I don't know: you just write so deliciously and exquisitely well. It's not only your word choice, but you really are excellent at having your own voice. Your fics have a quality to them that I could always associate as being uniquely yours. And I'm so deeply honoured that you'd write something so beautiful for me
helike chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Nice one XD An impossible kind of love or attraction, but it seems that nothing is really impossible in this world? :)