Reviews for Cupid Makes Us Stupid
The lone canine chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
Another really well written poem. This one has a lot of meaning and I really like it. Keep on writing, your an incredible writer!
My Parakeet Has Issues chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
0o0 Wow. . . You're just like. . . Wow. You're like the metephore fairy. . . I really liked this! I think one more great poem will convince me to favorite you. u

Once again, very well done!

Keep Writing,

My Parakeet Has Issues
Mirabella chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Wonderfully named! :)

"Before exiting the room, knowing you'll soon express the same incongruous cliché that a clock

With no power source is only correct twice a day and you need my electric love to function again" - my favourite part.

Another great poem/peice overall! Full of depth.
gemma5472 chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Thanks for reviewing my poem. This poem grabbed my attention by the title. 'Cupid makes us stupid' is indeed true. I really like this poem and I do like your writing style with the longer sentences and your wide range of vocabulary. Very nice read, keep writing! :)
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
Haha, love the title; love's making a fool of people is slightly hackneyed, but your wordplay is refreshing :)

I liked the tone here, and your line lengths are getting longer by the day! Tis a very different experience of poetry xD
Random-Idiocity chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
This was very well written. I loved the first and third stanzas esppecially. Your choice of words made an excellent descriptive point regarding the title. Keep it Up!
Punslinger chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Ain't it the truth? We can't love with or without love. But you said it much better than most, putting a smiley face on a broken heart.
lymli chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
I hate that fat little boy too, but love is a stupid thing anyway. great piece.
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
I couldn't tell if this was a break-up poem or a I hate-you-but-love-you poem or somewhere between the two. Still I loved it and it described the situation between the two of you perfectly.
Little Miss Cullen Cutie chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Nice! Just one suggestion, maybe put some periods in. I noticed the last stanza ended with one, but the other two didn't. You write so beautifully, it's vey elegant and smooth. Keep it up!

Little Miss Cullen Cutie
Isca chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
"To gently place my vulnerability on the footpath for strangers." I like the idea that love makes us vulnerable to the whims of others.
dancingpaws chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
i like this, lots of big words *hugs dictionary*

as always :) great!

love!
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Love the title "Cupid Makes Us Stupid" — it's true, hormones dampen cerebral functions. But, living in the land of the Lotus Eaters ain't bad either (sometimes.)
steffxnie chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Hehee, I really like the title. :)

I find it hard to read because I find the sentences too long but I think that is your style. I like the metaphor of the clock and needing electric love to function. It's a really interesting idea.

'each morning I'm forced to gently place my vulnerability on the footpath for strangers to stomp all over' I really like this line.

Write on girl. ;)
nickyO chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Sometimes I use poetry as a way to examine too big emotions or solidify too confused thoughts...when I read this one that's what it felt like you were doing to me. And doing it well. Your word choice is always surprising and fresh and calls other people to examine themselves.

So hopefully, I'm not stomping on your vulnerability (because I know there is that danger), rather I'd say you put up sign post. And I'm glad I read it.