Reviews for Breaking Up With Facebook
HPRK08 chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
Haha I LOVE this. Great work, really funny. Original idea, amazing!

HPRK
BolognaGuy chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Haha, this is awesome! I liked the "my needs" bit a lot. I also liked thhe part where you contemplate running back into MySpace's arms. This is quite creative and refreshing.
C. Tattiana H-H chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Ugh, I added this to my favourites about a month ago (or longer, can’t remember), but I never dropped in to drop a review. I apologize. You’re probably the third person I’ve done that to. Terribly sorry!

Well, this whole piece is just clever and hilarious. I don’t know what else to say other than that, really. I was laughing my ass off and I really liked the line: “But, Face/we’ve just lost the fire.” I thought the little nickname was cute and added a nice intimacy to it. The part about the ‘apps’ had me howling. Seriously, that’s probably my favourite part; it was just too good. Oh my, this whole piece is just killing me. Excellent work with this one. I really, truly enjoyed reading this. I’ve read it about five times already, but each time is like the first. Brilliant. Just... really, really nice work.
TheKatsPajamas chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
He-larious!
eaststar chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
I also deleted my facebook. Very emotional, and endearing. Except my breakup was more like click..click.. and done. Cute!
sophiesix chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
Heaps funny and very clever the way you use all the well-known break up concepts for this.

The formatting really conveys well the tone of the conversation, especially bits like:

"You've always been jealous of MySpace,

haven't you?"

and i like the departure from the restrained voice with the "Oh, who am I kidding?/It's totally you/Sometimes I wish you'd just/SHUT UP." lol

ah its so true. hundreds of meaningless, obligating connections replacing actual supportive meaningful relationships. but can we give it up? Never! but yeaah, its definately a relationship that one goes cool on after awhile huh .

yeah, and I missed teh hidden message too :/ But thats poetry for you, I guess. I think i'm too relativist to get it properly ;)

great stuff!
Sword And Sorcery chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
Yes! It was exactly like this! :D
Fractured Illusion chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
Bwahaha!

Knowing Facebook, you're sure to stay friends still, because who is insane enough to lose a contact? XD

I cannot put enough emphasis on "bwahaha!" as my reaction to this wonderful little poem :p

Frac
WildmanWalker chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Funny stuff - I personally don't have a FaceBook account, but I know people who are downright addicted to it, and this poem really captures that. "We can still be friends, right?"... Classic.
K.M.Simpson chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
YAY someone did a poem involving my favoruite hobbies I seem to go on. The [poem was fabulous and amusing. x
in theory chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
This is interesting, at first glance it seems kinda unpoetical but it really is written well. The conversational tone is well-handled and believable.

Jack
Solstice Princess chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Michelle your such a nerd. AND A QUITTER! -angry face-

Anyway i liked this. Its just like you to compare Facebook with men. I thought the flow of this was actually pretty good up until the end. Then it just got weird and stilted. It got back on track with the can we be friends thing but still that ending wasn't too smooth.

The hidden meaning...does it have something to do with Dork Boy...?
Anthony Tesla chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
LOL, I guess these are the sign of our times! Original and clever, good job.
Your-Magpie chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
it made me laugh..

in a nice way :D
Narq chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Yeah, haha, same here. I 'broke up" with facebook but made friend with it again!

but what's the hidden meaning? :D

Narq.