Reviews for Flowers are Jerks
thefaultinourpatronus chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
From the Zero Hour:

The flow is really nice. Rhyming scheme is well done too, like how you rhymed "tall" and "small". I thought that was pretty funny (: It's a cute poem, and told so much though it's short-ness.

x mandy
GraziaArmonico chapter 5 . 7/18/2010
Ok apparently they aren't all funny lol... this one was deep, and I like that. A little too deep, because I had no clue what you were talking about lol. There was imagery, but I don't know what you were alluding too. That's just my taste though, this form of poetry is all the rage these days... confusing, deep, and completely subject to the reader's interpretation. But beautiful, flowing, superb... I wish when I was done reading I understood more fully what you were trying to imply, but no one can doubt that it was well written. Bravo.
GraziaArmonico chapter 4 . 7/18/2010
Your poems make me laugh. Personally I prefer poetry with vivid imagery and deep description, but I won't deny that there is a place for poetry like this... Seems to reflect your personality, which is nice ;)
WutNow chapter 2 . 3/3/2010
Tick-Tock, it's Review O'clock in the Zero Hour:

I really liked the poem. Though short, I found it to be very well organized and filled with such juicy illustrations. You sprinkled a lot of that in there and I praise you for it. The little things you described, such as "Gold an Rum", "Law and Order"- I mean, you didn't even need to say much about it after that, no further need for illustration because you allowed the readers to internalize your words and interpret them as their own. I really liked the break on the fourth line, which was repeated on the last. Though the 7th line, I would have assumed would rhyme with "dream"... yet I felt it was unnecessary to rhyme because it completes the last stanza at the end, so I thought you made a great descision. Overall, great poem!

-Agent

I can say nothing more.

LoveAndDreams chapter 5 . 2/24/2010
Whoa!

I think I lost it a bit there! -

It's great! It changes it's mood and still keeps going with the rhythm which is what I can never seem to do!
LoveAndDreams chapter 4 . 2/24/2010
Tehe! This made me lol! It flows and sounds god together. It's a funny poem - only thing is, I don't like pie... But that does not matter at all... Well done!

Also, ''It's not exactly the most exciting egg in the eggcup'' is free for you to use, I haven't quite managed to copyright it yet - and thanks for the awesome review! I shall be editing it right after I send this...

And sorry about the romance thing. I read all sorts but I can't get any story in my head OTHER than romance! :)

x
ShortInsanity chapter 23 . 2/18/2010
This, I have to say, was one of my favorite poems so far. I loved the overall feeling of the poem, and just how the words sounded together before you really tried to pick it apart and make a meaning out of it. Kind of like Lewis Carroll's Jabberwocky, but not like that at all, if you even remotely understood what I just tried to say there. Good Job :)
ShortInsanity chapter 22 . 2/16/2010
I really like this poetry collection. I don't understand the name, but I like it. In honor of it being poetry, I will put this review in poem form.

I don't get them,

but I do enjoy them.

Some of them have an obvious greater meaning,

while others have none and are merely fun.

Pie on High, and odd poem indeed,

while The World blatantly more meaningful,

Forgiveness,

Love,

Sap and Shoes,

Roses and Thorns,

Flowers are jerks indeed.
Steinwolf chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
Bravo, I say. Almost flawless rhythm.
LostInMe chapter 14 . 2/4/2010
On "Muskrat and Giraffe":

This is a good one. Your rhymes and rhythm make for an easy reading, and the tale is interesting, told well. I love the lesson it teaches!
Psychoblue chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
Since I do not judge grammar and flow as much as I do actual story, I'll just go right into that.

"The daffodil, she grows so small, yet to the grass she stands so tall."

Good use of rhyming and contrasts here. Says a lot about how something small to one thing can be big to others.

"Her roots too long, her thirst too large, no water does the grass recharge."

A little bit of Darwinism here, the strong preying on the weak. Good going.

"Slowly does it die of thirst, the daffodil not off the worse.

For why should taller flowers think, of those around too small to drink."

Too bad for the grass, and reinforces the concepts of Darwinism going on here. The taller, stronger plants thrive while the smaller, weaker plants die. It also gives voice to the title of the poem, Flowers are Jerks.

I admittedly do not know much about poetry, but I do enjoy how you managed to get everything to rhyme nicely. Until next time, true believer!
LostInMe chapter 9 . 1/27/2010
Oh, fantastic job with this newest addition! "The end is the beginning; the beginning, the end." Very clever! Though it flows in one direction, the river doesn't necessarily have to be viewed as "beginning - end".
LostInMe chapter 4 . 1/21/2010
Well done - for all of them! Your sense of rhythm is excellent; you seem to really have a knack for making the words flow. The rhymes are all wonderfully done.

"Flowers are Jerks" has a very true message, as does "The Pirate". Though I know that piracy is most definitely not a good thing, I cannot deny that their freedom is one good thing about them, if nothing else. I like the format of "Sheep". The last line is nice - it's an interesting way of putting it, that stray sheep are 'eager to die'. "Pie on High," while sounding slightly silly, does have an important lesson under the surface: there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

You are talented. Keep writing!
PowerfulWizardofLore34 chapter 1 . 1/20/2010