Reviews for Rearing Bulls
honey haiku chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
I don't dare. I can only sit in silent awe. If I was to dare, I might say that your metaphor taken literally is a bit obvious-but I don't. Read as a single entity, this poem is still beautiful, perhaps more beautiful if not picked apart.
Domina chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
Nicely done! Your imagery is vivid and the concept makes the reader ponder what this might be a metaphor for. Great work, keep it up!
SeleneHelios chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
In your own words, "Ew. Just stop."
Kyrii chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
I hope you realize that the second stanza is in a completely different tense than the rest of the poem. Also, "The farm and the animal/ fighting for mother rights" is a fragment, genius.
Alyosha Karamazov chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
I love how you can take imagery to the next level, with startling words and unique usage. you have some lines that are only four or five words that could stand alone by themselves and be regarded as art.
iliads chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
i thoroughly enjoyed this poem. it's a very unusual topic, something that's rarely seen on fictionpress. your descriptions are very vivid, i can see everything clearly in my minds eye. well done, this was really good.
PeNnOtE chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
*blinks*

Wow. I like it a lot; the way you presented the poem was interesting, like chapters in the calf's life. Then the last two stanzas completely changed any thought of what was happening. Fantastic.