Reviews for You Belong With Me
5arahZ0ey chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
Alternative viewpoints usually make a good story and this one definitely did. "The Cheerleader" or "The Popular One" or "The Girl Who is in the Way of The Real Perfect Couple" is usually portrayed as snobby, mean or lacking in some way. You managed to create a convincing character who had feelings people can relate to and also who, rather realistically, recognised her flaws or shortcomings but wanted to dream and keep her boyfriend anyway.
I thought that the contrast was interesting and made you empathise with both girls. The thought process was logical but did not seem stilted or predictable. Well done, this was a thought provoking piece. Were you planning on doing the male's perspective? That would be quite interesting, don't worry if you want to leave it there it was just a suggestion. Keep writing!
2bodies1mind chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Okay, I rest my point. You are a genius. Wowzers.

(If you can figure out who this is before reading this sentence, you really CAN kill Halley. :))
Natatorium chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
You know...I've listened to this song about a 10 times, and never once thought of 'the cheerleader' as being interested in him, just being with him - because he's the football captain in the clip right? I liked the look at the other side...thanks heaps!
Emgem2000 chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
You. Are. A. Genius.

This is amazingly awesome! Well done!