Reviews for people against facelifts
unuseddd chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
this prompts me to ask 'why so serious?'
Isca chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
"Cheeks are just slabs of meat." Hah. Such cannibalistic imagery. This line reminded me of the movie "Hannibal."

The "marks her" line made me smile. I like that you alluded to a "Glasgow Grin" here.
Ernest Bloom chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
made me grin.
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
i adore your writing style
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
I think this piece is very relevant to the times that we live in. There's something to be sad (in harsh terms of course) about a society that is so obsessed with changing ourselves and wanting to fit into a prodotype mold that is devoid of character and life.

I think your piece speaks to the harsh reality of it, the doctor telling her there will be no pain alludes to society telling it's girls to be yourself, meanwhile bombarding them with harsh steryotypes to live up to. This piece really spoke to me. I think it's less of a grandious poetic acomplishment (not a bad thing) and more of a strong cultural statement. Keep up the good work.

Much love,

Juliet.
deefective chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Quite lovely. The imagery in this was very clever and well done. I liked the subtle switch between two happenings (scenes if you will) in this. If you don't read carefully you miss it. The last line could have been cliche but I think coupled with the rest of this piece, it's just perfect. Nicely done.