Reviews for Scrawlings of the Gods
Jeremy R Walker chapter 3 . 2/11/2010
OMG Thats Freaking Funny keep going
Orpheu5 chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
lol this is freaking awesome!

make more is all i can say
Michael Panush chapter 3 . 1/26/2010
These two were really funny, and I loved the puns and Jesus' drug addiction. I think they run a little on the long side though. Maybe a quick edit could help, making sure they get to the point and hit their jokes a bit quicker would be good. Otherwise, these are a lot of fun. I hope you keep writing them!
Brenda Agaro chapter 3 . 1/26/2010
Oh, wow. I'm not a devoted Christian, but that was something new to me. I actually laughed through this. Ha ha, the Bible today is an edited version with some parts that were mistranslated, so this wasn't too surprising. XD A very good job!
Brenda Agaro chapter 2 . 1/26/2010
Yay, Aztec mythology! XD Sorry, just that I don't see many (if any) pieces posted on this site about them. I thought you did a good job with Tlazolteotl, and I like how you made her perspective fit into the present.
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
That was humorous and clever there. I like how each note tells a whole story, along with references to various mythologies. Good job on voice and perspective in this chapter.
SeeRad chapter 3 . 1/26/2010
Best chapter yet!
Cinnia Aine chapter 2 . 1/20/2010
I felt really sorry for this goddess. Life must really stink for her (no pun intended). The only thing is that I'm getting confused by the modern references and the past references in the two chapters. They seem to be everywhere, but not in chronological order.
Cinnia Aine chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Although I'm not an expert with the mythology, I can tell that you did your research. This was very funny. I could almost see Odin writing this all down in my mind. I hope you keep writing these and all of the mythology jokes that are in them. "Thank Odin it's Wednesday" made me laugh.
Michael Panush chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
This was pretty good, and I love the idea of it. Odin is a good place to start, and you certainly know your Norse mythology. I think some parts of it were funnier than others, (I loved the Sleipner-Cycle and wondering about Loki's sexuality), but other parts could have been missed. Describing his sniper rifle seems very unncessary. I know you love describing guns, but it just didn't fit here. I do look forward to the next one, and wonder what other gods you might pick. May I recommend Cthulhu?
thefilmchick chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
Amusing and entertaining, and a good antidote to the angst factory: I dare you to try Pan next. I'm afraid that one might have to be rated M, though.

Quick typo: 'My greatest stead' should either be 'My greatest steed' (for a pun) or 'my greatest deed.'

Good job!
SeeRad chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
The little notes are all hilarious but the best one was right out of the gate with "Messages From Thyself Unto Thyself".

Some of the names I had to wikipedia to get the full joke behind them. Guess I need to catch up on Viking mythology more.

Great story!