Reviews for On the Suicide of Sylvia Plath
Raebie chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
Another good one. Sylvia's death is so sad. Well done with this one!
Wren's Diatribe chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
rhyme is a little heavy with this one. but i like the content.

plaths journals are extremely interesting.
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Catchy, good rhyme scheme. I like the "don't take it seriously" type of humor.
fairytopia27 chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
I always thought Sylvia Plath was a Halocaust survivor, tells you how much I know about history.I really like this, great storyline at the end.
in theory chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
Do you think Sylvia would have found this funny? I kinda did. I found "Defying analyzing" to be a bit corny, but besides that the tongue in cheek-ness (?) of it all works for me.

Jack
merexcelling chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
this was brilliant. an almost whimsical tribute to a tragic event...yes behind the whimsy is a brilliance of wording and thought...i love it :)
nickyO chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
"But you had to be his mistress" , a very awesome line. Good work on this one. If I was editing (I'm not an editor and this is your work and is totally in your hands and your call) I'd ask you to drop the last two lines or rework them and see what you can come up with because up til then it's all about Sylvia.
Mirabella chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
I liked the short rhymes and thoughtful attitude of the speaker in this, that ended with the solution of getting drunk. :)

"Some think it's odd

Even mysterious

That nuns marry God

But you had to be His mistress" - my favourite part.
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
While nights of flame

Thunder your name.

- love that bit ]

And I like the cheekiness of some of the lines! Very nice ]
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Ah, I googled her, did she write the Bell Jar? My English teacher said it was the most depressing book she'd ever read and one of her students from 20 years ago was still recovering from it.

The overwhelming rhymes - there is no other way to describe it, other than maybe YOUR style of rhymes - makes the whole thing flippant (though should I be surprised?), especially the last couplet.. oh dear.

Some of the rhymes were a bit pushy, though they might be pronounced differently in America? Like 'path' (paahth) and 'wrath' (roth), and 'angles' (ahngles) and 'angels' (ain-gels), or it might just be another one of your comical devices...
Isca chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
"Saucy bottom jiggling." Ahah. What a cheeky image. ;)

"That nuns marry God." God must have a lot of wives. :P

"She already wears a cloud!" This is my favourite line from the poem; it's both beautiful and jovial.
Eternal Skies chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
I was obsessed with Plath maybe 4 or 5 months ago, I searched all about her family and everything. I loved her work and I think the way she died was awful, with her daughter *shudders*

cute poem (don't ask why, it's cute)

loved the monk remark at the end
SirScott chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
Poor you being a drunken monk and all. Good poem it was a pleasure to read.

SirScott
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
i love this salute. It's a wonderful salute to a wonderful poet.