Reviews for The Bad News Bible
JuniperRhose chapter 3 . 7/17/2010
Hehe, pretty accurate; you know your stuff. I like it so far. :D
salt pillar chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
I actually liked this story; it made me laugh.

Funny, original, clever.

The style reminds me a bit of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, if you've ever read that series. (One of my favorites.)

I'm adding it to my favorites.
GuyBoyPerson chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
Is this supposed to be funny? It just makes it look like you're trying really hard to say the Bible isn't true. And I do believe in the Bible, but I just don't get why you have to use your time on something like this. I don't even get why I use my time on this story.
karmic ocean chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
It really makes a good point of what we actually believe as a people. The pope honestly believes your story, that it actually took place, and hes like the boss of being catholic.
EmmaHarkness chapter 11 . 6/22/2010
This. Is. Amazing :)

I may be prejudiced since I'm an atheist, but I think this portrays the Bible perfectly :) And in a humorous outlook! Really great job :) I love it!
Anthony Tesla chapter 11 . 6/20/2010
I really don't know what to say...oh, I know: this is brilliant; I'm dead serious, this funny, clever, creative and I just loved it
Noni Veritas chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
I have read the Bible, and I am a confirmed Christian and I loved this.

I've taken some of my own stories using mock offs from the Bible. It shouldn't be offensive, because you actually took time to look things up before you paradized (parodied? is there even a word?)the stories.

I say good job! :)
ShadowRune chapter 8 . 3/26/2010
First off I wanna say this is actually quite funny. You've done a good job with it. Second of all I think religious people take things like this a little too seriously and if they find this offensive just shouldn't read it. Easy as that.
Strangebloke chapter 5 . 3/8/2010
As someone who actually HAS read the Bible page for page, several times, I must say that i do find this offensive.

Now, I will give you that yours is by no means the most offensive I have seen. At the very least, you get the majority of the facts straight. Your wit is not lost on me, and i do see that you have a good deal of skill.

Your tone is far from respectful, however, and although i personally can put up with it, i do think that what you are doing is wrong.

A slightly humorous sidenote to this is that most of the issues you bring up (aka: God is slow to anger but often threatens destruction on nations) Are actually treated in a good guide to the Bible. Many of these apparent contradictions are actually due to your misunderstanding of the text and doctrines that the text is meant to postulate.
RavenRyter chapter 4 . 2/26/2010
this is so awesome...and it's totally not mocking the bible either. you should actually publish it.
sleepingbeauty999 chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
I have studied the bible and find this VERY offensive. You should not put things like this on public website. I think this is VERY insulting to all religions that believe in the bible.
ohohoahahaihihi chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
... Oh my Goodness xDD This is hilarious.

Best parts:

"...THAT WAS MY FRUIT!"

"...you'll have to WORK! Ha!"

"... he hadn't thought of - how to turn the Light off."

And he being an only child and being grumpy and possesive... xD
Sanguinis luna puella chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
FYI:god did NOT just come to is the begining and the was never born,never made.i think you should read the real bible.
pumis chapter 2 . 1/24/2010
Can't wait for the update!
Kali-Nineteen chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Interesting. I thought it was funny how you called the sun a lava lamp and the moon a night light. Why did you skip the Cain and Able story though? That is one of my favorite biblical stories!
31 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »