Reviews for Chroma
Guest chapter 31 . 4/15
Can I just say you made me cry so many times reading this. Beautifully haunting.
WYMamataro chapter 31 . 3/22
I felt every ounce of pain! Will there be a sequel? I saw closure but...I felt like I want more! Hehe...
Ystarr chapter 15 . 3/5
This chapter was perfection. It makes me shiver how perfectly you described everything, raw and pure. Amazing
Aviae- AKA Ace09 chapter 31 . 1/22
I think this is my favorite book so far on fictionpress, and that saying something cause i've read a lot P
You craft a world with so many layers. A world with a flawless cover full of rich and beautiful teenagers that seem to have a perfect life, but if you dig deeper, you can find tinges of sadness mixed within everyone. It's heartbreakingly beautiful :)
Aviae- AKA Ace09 chapter 29 . 1/21
i think i like Chris a little bit less after this last scene
D
Aviae- AKA Ace09 chapter 16 . 1/21
it's incredible, as always. But how can Nate see Chris too?
Aviae- AKA Ace09 chapter 7 . 1/21
oh my god, I'm in love with this story! it connects soooo well with the song. seriously. but umm... I'm understand that Chris died (so sad), but.. how did he die?
(sorry if this is a stupid question)
sinkingshorelines chapter 31 . 1/6
This was beautiful... painfully utterly beautiful. I swear my heart was pounding almost the whole time I was reading this. I've read a lot but I have never seriously gotten this immersed, so moved as if something just clicked in my heart and stayed there. I have never been this attached to mere fictional characters that I felt myself falling for them. I was crying for their pain and eventually laughing uncontrollably when I realized how pathetic I looked. But this is seriously just pure genius and I can't even begin to fathom how a mere mortal like you (and very much like myself) were able to come up with something like this. So, help me god as I try to move on from this as I am still in complete denial that this has ended for me. It should have never ended... but that's just me and my wishful thinking.
GraceSaader chapter 31 . 12/23/2013
Wow. Just wow. Reading this I got extremely jealous that you had written something so raw and so freaking twisted that it was beautiful, because I had wanted to write something like this for a very long time. It doesn't feel finished. I'm hoping that you have more stories like this to your pen name.
Shadowswept chapter 31 . 12/9/2013
I'm crying right now. That was a beautiful ending. She came home to the family that loves her, and she had a lovely vision of Chris without the horror. I'm equal parts happy and sad. The best stories never seem long enough. I always want more, but I thought this was a perfect way to end this book. I'm not a big fan of sequels for the most part. They are rarely as good as the first book, but there are exceptions. I feel that this is one of them. These characters are fascinating enough for a second book. I'd love to read about Nate's life at college, and Kon's life at college. They've only just begun their romantic relationship, so I'd also like to read more about that. You said that you know the futures of all the characters, so I'm hoping you'll continue the story once you finish college.

I'm afraid to ask you if Nate and Kon stay together in the future. I know what I want, but you're the author. I hope I see this book published in the not too distant future-and its sequel. Thank you for this amazing story. I can't even tell you how much I enjoyed it and how much I'll miss these characters. This felt like more than entertainment. It felt like getting to know real people, like they really exist out there in the world. I'm one of the lucky ones who found this story right before you finished writing it. I didn't have to wait for updates, but I absolutely would have. These characters are unforgettable.
Shadowswept chapter 30 . 12/9/2013
I knew he was leaving, but I still wasn't ready for it. I don't believe that this is the end though. Distance won't be an obstacle for them. They're not fickle people. I like what he said to her, that he doesn't know. That's what drew them together, because they were so used to knowing things about other people. They have so much in common, and they understand each other. And he wants her to know him, to know everything about him. I'm hoping that means that he'll want to share everything with her, including his future.

Kon's life is so different now with her dad. She had no one to visit her in the hospital after the crash with Chris, no one to care about her. It seems to me like this will be a turning point in her life. She has a real family now.
Shadowswept chapter 29 . 12/9/2013
That flashback was crazy! Chris completely lost his mind in that moment. Chase is so wrong to blame Kon for it, but I guess he's frustrated because he can't take it out on Chris on account of him being dead. He's turned on Kon, because she was the closest person to Chris. He doesn't even see himself. He's buying drugs after what happened to his sister. I do feel bad for Jon, because he felt he had to turn to selling to have enough money to fit in with his friends. He's making a big mistake, though, because it could jeopardize his future. I'm glad that Kon's dad found her, and that she escaped that life. I'm hoping she's okay after the accident.
Shadowswept chapter 28 . 12/8/2013
Like a song that ends suddenly, on a drumbeat, and makes you feel like you can conquer the world. I love that! I know that feeling, but I haven't felt it in awhile. That's an amazing way to describe what she's experiencing with Nate. So yeah, I'm loving this development between them. Don't take it away!
I'm a little concerned about the kiss that felt like goodbye.

Also, why the hell is Chase back? Okay, I feel bad about Chelsea. That was a horrible thing for Chris to do. Chelsea was at fault too, and maybe she would have gotten it from someone else eventually, but it didn't have to be him. What a mess he made out of everything! And why is Jon with Chase? Guess I'll find out soon, but that's a twist I didn't see coming.
Shadowswept chapter 27 . 12/8/2013
So, I'm all caught up to your final chapters. I was worried the delay in writing them would be obvious in the story, that it would have a different tone, because you'd been away from the story for so long. I was afraid you wouldn't be able to pick up the thread again, but I wouldn't have even known you'd been away if it wasn't for your author notes. So relieved! Because I seriously love this story. Kon and Nate are still Kon and Nate, and you gave us more awesome interactions between them. I enjoyed drunk Nate, and the tension between them was magnetic. The scene with his dad was ominous, and I'm so glad they escaped.

After waiting for so long, Jess's interlude with Jon seemed out of character. I always thought it would be true love for her. Yet, people sometimes do things they never imagined they'd do. I'm so sad about Keaton, Max, and Leslie. It wasn't worth destroying their friendship, but that's how things sometimes go.
Shadowswept chapter 26 . 12/8/2013
I just realized who Chase is in this flashback. There are a lot of friends with crushes on the same guy. I'm so glad that never happened to me-probably because most of my crushes happened on vacation instead of school. Always had a thing for accents. This flashback makes me understand why Kon quit drinking.

Oh my goodness! Every time I think you can't surprise me anymore, you do. The scene with Kon playing the song for Nate was unexpectedly wonderful. I never thought she'd be able to do it, let alone that it would turn out that way. It's a subtle way of showing that she's starting to move on with her life. The past isn't holding her prisoner anymore. And her feelings for Nate are stronger than she realized, because she was able to share this with him without falling apart. The present is starting to become more important than the past for both of them.

Her reaction was real and natural. Just the fact that they almost kissed was a huge change for her. I like how you're having her realize her feelings this way. It also gives us more to look forward to. I love how you compared it to a fuse box blowing under the strain of too many appliances.
392 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »