Reviews for A New Life, Lost
misssmiley03 chapter 1 . 1/3/2015
you actually made me cry, and thats hard! even though it's a depressing story it's still heart warming :) have a beautiful day and a wonderful week ;)
DorkExpress chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
oh... poor girl.

XOXO
Daisy chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
Wow.

This story broke my heart. I hope and pray that no one ever has to feel the way Kaylie did in this story...

The letter and the personalized ring at the end were bittersweet. I wonder what exactly Kaylie said to him, right before they stopped speaking, that caused the rift in the first place though. But I liked that you didn't tell us.

Overall, this is a beautiful piece.
DianaSweetie chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
Wow! that was a great one-shot it was so unbelievably sad but I loved it with a passion it was wonderful and much more :)
Lillith-Evans chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
This is adorable. I really enjoyed reading it. It was a little confusing at first but it all got sorted out by the end so it was all good.

It was a little depressing though. T.T I always feel bad after character deaths.
Jessiquie chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
This was rather bittersweet, i found it really cute, but heartbreaking at the same time. So glad you sent the skow email thing and to write this in thirty minutes ... wow. Great job.

All that said though, I'm also confused. From teh constructive critism point of view, while I liked it, i found that youre narrative voice seemed to change. Not so much in the letters, though the way you addressed them did (not the 'dear you' bit, but your approach.) Towards the last few of her letters, I felt as though you were addressing the reader more than the intended letter recipent. Still, I commend you for your narrative and the way you deilvered it through letters. I tired that once, it's not easy. I also found that the bits in between the letters changed in style and voice as the piece went on. At first I thought this was simply part of your plan to show the length of time and such that has passed and what she's feeling and the rest. Having reread it, I'm not so sure it was that intentional. Okay I've now read it a third time, maybe its because shes becoming depressed? I dunno. Actually towards the middle/end, those in between teh letters bits seem as though they are jsut another extension of teh letter. You seemed to have changed your intended direction of them. Like in the first few its like the narrative is talking to your reader, filling them in and then giving them the privilage of reading the letters, which are so raw and intimate and lovely. But then as the piece develops, its as though the narrative/your MC is no longer addressing a broader audience and now she is only talking to the boy who should have been reading the letters.

The ending is so bittersweet sad though! Its so ... I'm finding it hard to explain it actually. It's so adorable that he wrote that letter and has the gift for her and that it comes, but so heartbreaking that his passed away the day before she recieved it even.

It's really quite a powerful little piece you have here.
blurrylights chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
That was so sad... :( I really liked it though, and it was surprisingly well written for a piece that you wrote in 30 minutes. There were a few grammar mistakes, but those can be fixed pretty easily.

I liked the way you made her talking almost detached, like she doesn't know what to do. And then the ending just broke my heart. But you really did a beautiful beautiful job. :)