Reviews for Skulls in the Closet
ren360 chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
... Wow. Just... Wowzers. This is really good. As in, REALLY good. In a creepy, romantic way. I LOVED IT I LOVED IT I LOVED IT.

Huhuhu. Imma just go and check out the rest of your stories, to see if they're as delectable as this one(;

So, uh... Yuppers. Hope ya get many more reviews, you sly romantic thing, you.

aMyTaichoDa
Kitty chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
Great Story. It amazing how you made grave digging seem normal. This story reminded me of Dexter (the tv version not book series.)
Juliet chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Hi, it's Juliet from A Drop of Romeo and I'm pleased to tell you that this one-shot has made it onto ADoR. Congratulations. :)

This was cowritten by RentBoheme and Morine, and it was indeed the first winner of a SKoW prompt. It's a touching, eerie one-shot. Brilliantly written, it starred a quirky protagonist. It's a must-read. And it has just the right dose of creepiness in there, too.

XOXO,

Juliet
AnnerBananerz chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Oh my gawrsh, this was great guys!
TasteYourSins chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
Oh God the ending was way creepy. O_O I wonder how she died though...
LyBhing chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
... Wow. I'm amazed and sadden at the sudden events that have turned against him. Everything was going great, then wham! She's gone, for good. I was going to tear. T_T

I love it.

-Lyia
morphine and lollipops chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Poor Ralph. I wonder how she died? :O Interesting little one shot though. :D Def something I won't forget.
JustPlainJane chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Oh...

where's the damn tissue?

Sad, touching, it made me cry, amazing, well done.

Wow, this really is amazingly written. Loved it.

Very well done!
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Wow, this is amazing. So dark, a very unique tale. I found the ending to be really sad, but I'd guessed when she 'disappeared' that she might have died. I think you show his conflict in whether or not to go digging really well, and the last line was just perfect.
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
LOVE ] Nice and quirky too!
Artume chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
I reviewed for MOrine, and thought I'd do the same for you! I really, really liked this! It's unlike anything I've read before, and I really liked the uniqueness of Ralph's character. His hobby is rather odd, but the way he goes about it doesn't make him seem creepy at all! Though the ending was slightly bitter-creepy. He digs up her grave to get her skull, doesn't he?
joojoo chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
This was so sad in a brilliantly touching way. I love stories that leave me at a loss for words and this has done exactly that. And I am SO greatful that you didn't show the actual process of digging up the grave. It was the perfect place to end right there and well you're just amazing and I truly think I love this. I'm so glad that I stumbled on this. x
AsianFlipGurl chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
That was weird on so many levels, but nevertheless, it was unique and really great!
windyday chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
So, uhm, that was both really amazing and really disturbing at the same time. At first I thought it was satirical.. funny thing, digging up skulls, but then it was like.. dang. And the way you made grave-digging sound almost normal. And then throwing love into the would-otherwise-be-sickening mixture. Yeesh, man. My heart hurts now. I hope you're happy. I don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight in case I die and turn into a skull and somebody comes and chucks me into a closet.

But seriously, I got a lot out of that and I just can't seem to express it right now. Incredible work, really. I'd favourite it but it's a little too sad and scary for me. :).

I look forward to reading your other stuff! The SKOW award was much deserved. :).
Tawny Owl chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Oh, that was brilliant. It was so quirky with the asides littered through it and the way that his friends are also accepting. It’s great that Chris’ reaction seems like the odd one. George’s ‘it’s part if who you are’ illustrated that brilliantly.

It did seem a bit long in the middle, but I appreciate you need to set it up for the end, and it was worth it.

All the skull references littered through it, and his struggle with his hobby gave the whole thing an ominous undertone – so I was expecting death, but I thought he’d end up loping her head off or something. Your way was so much better. I could really feel the pain of his dilemma, and I was getting a bit choked up. Until I got to the cremated line. It was wonderfully dark and I don’t think I’ve been so amused for ages.

That was really great. Thanks for posting it.