Reviews for Skulls in the Closet
Juliet chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
Hey, there. It's Juliet from A Drop of Romeo and your story has been added to the site. Congratulations. :) Here's your raving review:

This was cowritten by RentBoheme and Morine, and it was indeed the first winner of a SKoW prompt. It's a touching, eerie one-shot. Brilliantly written, it starred a quirky protagonist. It's a must-read. And it has just the right dose of creepiness in there, too.

XOXO,

Juliet

P.S. I thought it'd be nice to drop this review at both of you and RentBoheme's profiles. Spreading that review love around. :)
JustPlainJane chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Oh...

where's the damn tissue?

Sad, touching, it made me cry, amazing, well done.

Wow, loved it. This really is amazingly written. :)
Artume chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
Wow. That was so good! I've never read anything like this before...I really, really like it! Poor Ralph! Congrats on winning, you deserved it!
into the black chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Wow. this is good. really good. i haven't read anything like this on FP for months! it was a nice mix of humor and general creepiness. but in a good way. i felt the way ralph was presented made him lovable even though he had a rather odd hobby. also, there were no cliches, which is refreshing.
write-or-die.proboards.com chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Ahh, this has just the right element of creepiness to it. I love that you describe grave-digging as an impulse {addiction, even} rather than a, 'Hey, let's go deface a grave!'. I like even more that it isn't the digging that he's so obsessed with, but the close connection he feels with the skulls, with a small hint of insanity in an otherwise sane man.

They make nicotine patches for smokers. Why don’t they make anything for me? - I love that line :)

I like the interaction between Ralph and Flora, just because of the sheer awkwardness with Ralph battling his addiction and seeing skulls where ever he goes.

Halfway through, I was sorta expecting some insanity from Ralph- like, loving her so much he'd kill her, wait for her to rot and then keep her skull or something. But I like that you didn't turn him into a psycho, rather, just the recovering addict that he really is.

All in all, this was good, and was certainly worthy of winning whatever prompt challenge it was you were participating in :)
RentBoheme chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
ZOHMYGAWD. THIS STORY IS SO AMAZING! YOU ONLY WROTE IT IN A FEW DAYS? THAT. IS. TALENT.