Reviews for Demons of a Drunk Man
felixlee14 chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
Very poignant and powerful. I could feel the emotions just pouring out of it:)
WriterOnTheMove chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
this is some of the most powerful poetry i have ever read.

I come from a long line of drunks, so i can understand this fairly well.

How you repeated the lines, " I feel cheated, I'm depleted." it really added a nice bit of emotion into the poem, you could understand the confusion and pain coming from the narrator.

How you go on to say, " The liquor comforts me now, Now the bleeding, Is receding, There's not much left anyhow!" I like how you really come to understand how much the liquor is helping this person block out the pain, but then how you continue you on you realise that although it's helping him to forget everything that's going on, it's still there, he's still in the nightmare, and it'll never go away.

At least that's what i got reading this poem, it's different for everyone.

Good job again :)

~WriterOnTheMove~
Anise Cary chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
this poem is so powerful, I love the way it reads. I'm going to have to reread it to take it all in. This first stanza caught me right away and drew me in. I feel for this narrator
RaccoonQueen chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Like I've said before, this poem has a lot of emotion and you can see the pain and hurt through out this piece. I hope you continue writing poetry, your poems are just as good as your stories. I think it should be here, not her in one of the lines. That's the only fault I can find. It's really good.

-Dixxy
Your-Magpie chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
i understand it.

it's very poignant. and from what you told me on The End of The World, it makes a lot of sense, beautiful, sad, beautiful sense.

BUT, i would like to say, i hope you dont feel like this. (or engage in drunken stupors much)

you are a wonderful writer, and moreover, brilliant person.

jolly good poetry. and i saw the lyric-y ness.

thanks for putting up lee.