Reviews for Nearest to my Heart
Yours Truly 58 chapter 4 . 6/29/2012
I love this one and the entire collection of letters. I find it really clever how you commonly compare what you want/what there is to what has happened/what is happening. You pull me into the words, making me wonder if the girl will get the guy she longs for or not.
deadkitty1 chapter 47 . 2/17/2012
Intriguing and poetic as always. :) I actually pictured in my mind the subtle motions of the person opening the mysterious package. The feelings of anticipation, wary, and concentration all jumbled up.

I'm drawn into one of your poems talking about love and being in a swamp. Trapped with no means of an escape but as I read it over, even if there's pain, the person doesn't seem to want to escape. My favorite line is: "You flipped the muse into the creator, have you done this often?" I guess it's just genius to me. hehe
deadkitty1 chapter 43 . 12/24/2011
The letters all have a different feeling and personality to them but they're call connected since it's about love. I almost feel that this should be in the poetry section since some of the chapters are metaphoric and insightful to the point where sometimes you lose me. But I can see why some of these chapters belong in the fiction category like the little snip-it chapters about ordinary life. There are a couple of grammar mistakes and verb conjugating mistakes in the earlier chapters. I'd recommend reading them out loud, you'll catch the mistakes better that way. Also when I picked it up, I expected a story not a collection but that's okay.

I'll just list out which letters/chapters I really liked. Chapter 2, the imagery of the words and the simpleness of the sentences inspired me. Plus I like caterpillars. Chapter 7, the small paragraph about the switching of wanting to please but not making it obvious or having sex without rules yet listing the rules; it's whimsical and funny. I also found it pretty random how you described the process of taking a shower. It's random but it fits in this awkwardness of a chapter. Chapter 9, It's basically a start of a story in which I'm interested to know how it played out. I wanted to know how the guy will react after that girl basically listed out what's going to happen! I hope you continue it in one of the later letters even if it's short. Chapter 17, I like the fairytale reference and how you played with it. It's clever and lovely! Chapter 22, I like the textual reference. I laughed! Chapter 28, It's very deep for a conversation between two people and I honestly couldn't imagine it happening in real life though it is possible. To be able to trust and voice such a secret to someone is brave. Chapter 33, You've described first love perfectly. Chapter 35, Mmm Wow! Love it. If I had dreams like that, I'd be sleeping all the time. ;) Chapter 42 & 43, I like them because they rhyme and deal with magic. I like rhyming poems.

So there's my full text review! Hope it's not too long. Sometimes I feel the letters are for someone and other times I think it's for us (the reader). Sometimes when I read, the character changes gender from female to male or vise versa. I don't know if it's just how my brain works or how ethereal your writing is but it is very flowy. It snakes through my brain easily and fools around with it. Very cool. :D
Sangre Del Lobo chapter 40 . 11/11/2011
Very sad, but I like the comparison. Sorry I had misinterpreted your words in Chapter 38, but you really are doing a great job.
Sangre Del Lobo chapter 38 . 11/4/2011
Well I really like the mood. The words have passion but the mood is quite relaxed or better yet I'm relaxed. Really like the twist with this one. It is not so straight forward as the others. So is this you watching the special guy 'flow love' to someone else? And what is the 'monster'. Yet again another great chapter.
Ashlee Pond chapter 37 . 11/2/2011
I loved it. I'm glad that I could serve some inspiration for you. :)
Sangre Del Lobo chapter 37 . 10/29/2011
Really cute! I totally understand when you say that you want their pain. ADORABLE how you used the whole castle idea. He's free and he's trying to help you get out. Really lovely
Sangre Del Lobo chapter 36 . 10/23/2011
Aww! How nice. Love the song and the message! And this from some one who dislikes songfics. hehe
Sangre Del Lobo chapter 34 . 10/23/2011
Aww! How sweet! Simple but true and cute. Really honest. Great
Sangre Del Lobo chapter 35 . 10/23/2011
I-I-I-I'm s-speeechhhlesss... This was really amazing! Great job! This really has to be the most realistic and none-novelish story ever! You really are amazing!
Sangre Del Lobo chapter 33 . 10/5/2011
So true! OMG! This is perfect! You've really captured the emotions that go through one's head! Beautiful! Perfect! Great job! Fantastic! I really love how you started it. 'All the way home I oculdn't stop smiling." SOO TRUE!
Sangre Del Lobo chapter 32 . 8/9/2011
Wow that was really good! I loved the idea of his past being your strength and that you draw from his strength! Beautifully poetic! Great job!
Sangre Del Lobo chapter 31 . 8/9/2011
Wow really touching. I really like. I get a kind of freespirited tpe of tone if that makes any sense. I really really liked the paragraph that starts 'Tonigh it ours. Won't you...' really great word choice. Kind of peaceful in my opinion. Great job!
Makani Blancarte chapter 30 . 7/29/2011
This is a very intriguing piece, and I love your last two lines: "I want to rise and set with the sun, see daylight while in your arms." Very beautiful :)
Sangre Del Lobo chapter 29 . 6/19/2011
Another great chapter! I loved how you dove in to the idea of a lover being more than just a guiding light and how they are a part of you and just an enormouse burning source of love. Really love the desciptive word chains, they really helped it along. Great job and keep going! This is great!
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »