Reviews for The Coriolis Effect
Jhayla King chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
! lov3 carmel
Thenardier chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
I know I wrote this as a SUBTLE jab at myself, but I think this really belongs here.

"There are only three

words to describe this haiku.

It's bloody brilliant."
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Beautiful Haiku. The imagery stands out.

"wind beneath our wings" reminds me of the song that has the lyrics "Did you ever know that you're my hero". I can't remember the name, though. :X
qczhao chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
The haiku was nice, but i really couldn't make any meaningful link between it and the coriolis effect.

Maybe it's just a result of me having had studied the coriolis effect in detail and so sucking all possible creative connotations out of it...
Isca chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
One word came to mind: deflection. That's what 'The Coriolis Effect' is all about, right? Anyways, it only exists when something is spinning, I think, which made the "wind beneath our wings" line quite profound (and I now have the Bette Midler song stuck in my head :P).
SirScott chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
That's food for thought.

SirScott
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
Aw, I *thought* this looked too cool to be pure literature! I'm honoured to have inspired it :D

But I enjoyed the poetic imagery, it's like Orlando's mesh of prose and poetry, the language here is very refreshing.
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
:) It's really amazing isn't it! There's this one episode of the Simpsons where Bart doesn't believe it so he calls Austrialia. The Aussie family sues him for the long distance bill.
nickyO chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Well done Punslinger. And yes I had to look it up. :)
Mirabella chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
That's a lovely image! :)

Beautiful.
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
Nice ] (of course I had to google coriolis!). I like how you combined science and feeling to create this ] And the last line makes me think of that song... ]
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
The fact that you used such an abstract idea for a haiku is worthy of kudos, but the fact that it came out simple and sweet is mind blowing.
Eternal Skies chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
I looked coriolis effect up (I got an idea about it but i didn't really get it). i can't give my opinion about something i don't understand but even without knowing what you exactly mean, the phrase: we welcome your fresh wind beneath our wings-seemed lovely! -_