Reviews for Insatiable: Memory
simpleplan13 chapter 3 . 11/28/2010
This collection kind of confused me. While I liked the pieces individually, I didn't really get how it worked together as a whole. I didn't see how they connected...

Actually, I like the setup here with being in the woods and unveiling a twin and trying to revive her. I also like the last two lines in italics. But the whole idea of having this twin patience sort of confused me unless that's one of those symbolic things like how you use Reaper to refer to a specific person?

PS Check out the Review Game and/or it's Review Marathon (links in my profile!)
simpleplan13 chapter 2 . 11/28/2010
Interesting contradiction here... you'd think you wouldn't want to be alone in the middle of the ocean, but here it seems like that's what you'd want. I like that idea. I also like the ending. It's a good comparison. And the idea of being forced to float rather than drown is an interesting idea.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
In the first line, I didn't like the repetition of remembers and then memories. It was a bit redundant I thought.

In the third stanza, you have it in present tense and then switch to past tense with "he rid her of her pain" but it sounded awkward I thought...especially since you change it back to present tense in the beginning of the last stanza.

I did like the piece though. I thought it was interesting, the idea of memory fever. I also really could feel the person's emotions. Nice job.

PS Check out the Review Game and/or it's Review Marathon (links in my profile!)
Phoebe Melinda Halliwell chapter 3 . 8/26/2010
Great!
Phoebe Melinda Halliwell chapter 2 . 3/16/2010
Great! Nice images!
Phoebe Melinda Halliwell chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
Aww! It's so sweet!
hayleemarie chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
Beautiful! The imagery is so lovely. Memory is such a great subject to take apart, especially when writing.

"-and just cry out the flood

that rises inside her."

My favorite part.
Lavendar Lewis chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
I love how you took something intangible (her memories and emotions) and made solid images out of them - pacing the corridors of her psyche, flood rising inside her, crawling into her Reaper's arms. Great poem. _
sunday night sky chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
I like this poem. It's comforting and relateable. The last stanza is a nice strong one to end the piece with, very well done :)