Reviews for Transposon Disaster
Frank Wilson chapter 1 . 3/18/2019
I'm not smart enough to even come up with a solution lol. Too much science! But I'm eager to go through your other stories and see if there was a continuation. If there isn't I'll be eagerly waiting for one! Thanks for sharing.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2018
200 years is plenty of time to develop any or all of:

1) technologically-assisted F/F reproduction (via iPS cells or whatever);
2) artificial inducement of SRY-negative masculinity;
3) a synthetic SRY gene which fails to bind to the deleterious RNAi.

Which are all very feasible. In order:

1) As of 2004, Kaguya the mouse existed; we're probably more than halfway there already.
2) This is known to exist in the wild (so to speak).
3) I'd bet even money that this exists in the wild, too — that is, I expect that there are existing SRY variants in the wild that the RNAi was not tested against and does not react to.

Note that 2) (and 3), if present) mean that humanity is merely facing a severe population bottleneck and the probable global collapse of civilization, but not a total extinction scenario.

Note also that, even the absence of those two, mostly-reproductively-isolated small populations (Amazon tribes, etc.) may survive without carriers beyond the projected end of humanity; this situation may even be deliberately induced (think Fallout Vaults).

Finally, in the event that all technological methods fail, a one-biological-child-max policy for women who are carriers, plus a pro-rata federal subsidy for female parents of male children, can probably be easily implemented (from a political standpoint) once the M:F ratio falls to, say, 0.75:1.
starredtrek chapter 1 . 1/8/2018
Treat it like aids? A crime if you don't tell a partner you have it. A sustained private propaganda campaign for adoption for people with the genes? Create an international committee for research into genetic alteration with a view of eventually fixing this?
eluvian2012 chapter 1 . 7/29/2017
Repurposing a irus to make a vacine
kozinc chapter 1 . 8/25/2016
Personally, I see only one solution snd that is to give females a way to procreate without males. Possibly using genetic modification, females wold get dicks. Basically, eventually there'd only be hermaphrodites (and normal females) remaining. Since with no more males, hermaphrodites would be the only remaining choice to procreate with. Not a perfect solution, but it should achieve the goal of ensuring the continuation of the human race.