Reviews for The Dude With a Chick Name
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
Great interaction. The allusions were clever.

Just one thing:

He Named It Fluffy chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
lol.

Epic.
Mirabella chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Nicely done! :)

I'm assuming the story makes reference to a Roman myth? I shall have to google all of the references!
nickyO chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Outstanding description of the action. And cute ending (had to look up Janus). Great allusion and word play with Centurions.
tiger002 chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
That was interesting. I know to expect something unusual whenever I read one of your stories, but I never know what. Nice parelel with Jesus here. Good job.
Isca chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
"Rome High." Hah. I like how this connected to Janus.

"Let's pull down his pants and see." That reminded me of a scene from Susan Swan's novel, "The Wives of Bath."

"You got that right." LOL!

I liked that you used Janus' two-faced description and created your own interpretation of that: he had eyes in the back of his head.

Also, the fact that the little 'macho group' was named the "Centurions" was just fantastic. You used Roman mythology well in this piece; it was an entertaining read.
SirScott chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
I liked the mentioning of a Johnny Cash song. The ending was somewhat confusing was the new kid suppose to be God?

SirScott
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
hahaha, Janus, lovely. I was wondering why he knew all that stuff if he was new. But obviously The God Of Eyes would know quite a lot of things.
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
I saw the name of this and just had to read it! ]

She was about to cry a warning when things happed so swiftly that she could only watch in stunned silence.

- I'm guessing you meant 'happened'?

The school administration had banned guns and knives, so tough dudes had learned to improvise weapons from innocent-looking objects.

- Loved that! Excellent!
charait chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
Oh! I got that xD Like, the god of some mythology or another, Janus. Haha
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
That sounds like high school. And I love that song (a boy named Sue) Right now I want to say it's by JOhnny Depp but I know that isn't right...it's Johnny something. Off to Wikipedia the source of knowledge!
J.A. Fletcher chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
Interesting. Very good action at the end, and a victory for Janice. But you spelled his name wrong at the end.