Reviews for to dance is to live
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
this is really powerful. excellent diction, your point really came across well
unuseddd chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
very powerful and painful.

i loved the line "whittled herself down to/ bone"
in theory chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
This is really strong, the opening line is powerful. It has a definite defiance in the tone, but the language is gorgeous at the same time. I don't feel a connection with the title, but the piece as a whole is very well done. Nice job.

Jack
Isca chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
"Their breasts anomalies." Wow. What a brilliant line - it's so striking!

"She will break her toes in order to become beautiful." She will work for it. Interesting idea. Nice opening line.

"When she has whittled herself down to bone." Excellent use of the word "whittled." This line really stands out. I like the idea that the only way to be a woman is to "show ever line" of her body - that's very tragic, yet truthful in today's society.

Good luck in the WCC this month.
Sercus Kaynine chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Love the creative imagery here. Short and sweet, a nice view of the prompt. :)

Good job and good luck in WCC!
lookingwest chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Those last two lines really chilled me. You took the prompt really literally and it flowed well into a creative description, I like the word choice like "lycra" and "anomalies", they sound great on the tongue. But wow, that whole idea of beauty and dance, ect. kind of freaks me out, haha. You really created a strong impression!
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
I really liked this - the opening of: "Break her toes" is so fitting, yet so frightening at the same time, all the while it's completely the mind set of a dancer (well, maybe a bit less harsh)

The ending was also very strong. Nice work. :)

Much love,

Juliet.
rippling iris chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
wow. i really like this. it's very powerful but it's like a quiet power. i don't really know how to describe it. not really breathtaking, but like an exhalation i wasn't ready for. i like how it's under 'tragedy'. very fitting. anyway, i like what you did with this. it's very understated and sad.
Kate Marshall chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
I like it a lot. Particularly I love the use of the word "whittled" in the ninth line. :)

A lovely poem! Good luck in the WCC,