Reviews for Smuggler
Centimeter chapter 1 . 1/2
I like your work so far. I've only read the first 3 chapters of Opal Fox but had the impression that Prince Emory was close in age to Aurelie. Is the second prince in Smuggler Emory? If so, then my assumption that they're close in age is wrong. What is his age in Opal Fox?
waterlilies52 chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
eh, it makes me a little sad to think of the possibility that Aurelie's parents aren't the classic lovey-dovey storybook couple. but at the same time, I love the drama because it adds depth to them. I hope that deep down, they are in love though and that maybe everything worked out with Anabella's manservant. so, a little bittersweet, but awesome at the same time
violinrunner chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
You really are going to disrupt my grades if you continue writing so much...:P

Brilliant. I like how you've painted their introduction. I also like young Anabella. She's just the right mix of flightiness and common sense. I also like the insights into Charle's opinion on a different culture. Though it doesn't seem like the ladies in Fenningale (forgive me if I got the name wrong) are that much less outspoken than Anabella is - or is that just because we mostly see Anabella's daughters?

One suggestion: when you're describing Maureit, you mention pine forests, and then say they have enough forests to build ships. Actually, wooden ships are made of oak, because it doesn't rot as quickly as other wood. Pine, being a soft wood, is very unsuitable. However, pine is used for masts, because it's tall and straight. Not a huge detail; probably most people wouldn't even know that. I just happen to be a bit of a closet ship-geek, and it stuck out to me.

Great story!