Reviews for Noblesse Oblige
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
The rhyming in this poem flows. I like the repetition of "me" in the fourth stanza. Very honest.
nickyO chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
Strong, personal work well written that reminds the average person of the huge debt they owe the military and also reminds them of the people who are "noblesse oblige" in their own lives.
Mirabella chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
"Until a grenade took him apart

And transplanted his heart

With a surgeon’s art" - my favourite part! :)

Love the quick rhyming.
Myloveforyou chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
I think that you really used the art of simplicity well here,

without too many words you managed to say so much. Very well done.
Dante's Disciple chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
This is well written and pretty brutal in it's description of what happened to the marine (Funny though lol), but I'm not sure what happened to the speaker 'In bars you'll find me' so are they a PoW? Sure it's just me not understanding lol

Cool rhymes though, reminded me of films like Full Metal Jacket, nice work!
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
Aww, nice ] I like the way you combine his personlity nd what happened and peoples views of him. And dare Isay it, a touch of humour too?

Until a grenade took him apart

And transplanted his heart

With a surgeon’s art

- my fvourite bit

And I'm guessing you're a bit of a hstory buff?
J.A. Fletcher chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
Remember how I said I don't care for poetry? Well, if there are more like this, then I'll become a regular...poet reader. Anyway, I liked how you put together the rhymes. Really good work.
SirScott chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
Great poem. Flows good.

SirScott
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
M, a bit confused about what this is about... I liked the rhymes!
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
I loved how real this poem was. It reminded me of Slaughter-House 5, Catch-22 and MASH all combined. All, in all it was a very interesting poem.
Isca chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
I like that each stanza had its own unique (rhyming) ending. I also liked that the first and last stanza were connected through said rhymes. The best stanza was the third; the grenade/medical imagery is very vivid. "Treat their inferiors with kindness." I like that idea; treat your enemies with respect.