Reviews for Audacious
bookppl93 chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Soo true
Staring Elf chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
You're absolutely right! Wish there were more self-respecting girls out there... oh, and your poem is really nice too ;)
Creeping Collarbones chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
I like this. It's very true and realtable. the alliteration was well done.

and what an ellipsis is...- I love that. Haha.

Nice job!
HannaThing chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
Subject - I really like the subject of this poem. It's powerful, and something every girls struggles with. As we grow up we hit this invisible wall where we start to understand everything we are supposed to be and everything we are. And we realize, like a Vin Diagram, those two circles don't touch. So we drop who we are, and become things we aren't.

Flow - It was a little chunky to me at first. I kept putting pauses in weird places before I realized you were doing it as a form of italics. I smoothed out later on, but the beginning with the "and who" having it's own line threw me off and took away from the poem.

Form - This is also about the stuff I said in Flow. I really like that you stepped away from the normal stanza form, but it wasn't quiet flawless. Again, things about the first stanzas.

Enjoyment - I was bored, the liked it, when you were talking about book-smart girls acting stupid, fiery girls not being themselves, and so on, I was very intrigued. But when you got to doing alliterations and slant rhymes at the end with adjectives, I lost a little interest. I seemed stilted, where the rest of the poem was like you were telling us how you really felt, the ending was very contrived.
so i sing to the stars chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
Oh hey.

You stylized this very well and I liked it. I especially enjoyed "gutsy glitzy glam" girls and the last paragraph, but everything was wonderful. :)
Just Polly chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
I have to say, I thought it was really good.

I loved the alliteration and the spacing of all the words.

Keep up the good work. :D
kissing walls chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
Agreed.

You've given me a creed to live my life by.