Reviews for Dreams of Dust
Anon chapter 39 . 1/16/2012
Absolutely intriguing. From start to finish the ideas and the concepts that created this story pulled me in and kept me there. The writing style was excellent as well as the creative imaginings that went into such a story. Well done.
nelwilcox chapter 39 . 6/25/2011
Amazing! Artful weaving of stages of grief not only for the main characters self but also for his wife, best friend, mother and Old America. The character interactions were heartfelt and endearing. The emotion, fear and uncertainty helped the reader relate to Kyle, making him more human. The priest was very well written as well, winning our loyalty then shocking us with a twist of bitterness. Great work!
KuroKage1717 chapter 39 . 3/5/2011
I'm surprised you don't have more reviews for this! It's a very original, thoughtful story with none of those annoying cliches. I appreciated how you didn't explain anything (like Dreaming, the Infected, etc), but showed it to us through the main character's eyes. Very well done. The ending also was nicely done, and even though I much prefer more cheerful endings, you tied everything off on a beautiful note.

That said, I'm quite intrigued by this world and tale you created. If you expanded on it a bit more and ironed out the wrinkles, I believe you'd have a publish-worthy novel on your hands.

-Kuro
Aj chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
Well done, beautiful. Idea great, writing great, characters great, story great. i didn't want it to end. I think that you approch key parts in the story a little quickly. They get kind of clipped and merge into the rest of the action. Some of the relationships didn't feel fully fleshed out. and you had the classic problem of opening so many pathways in this post cataclym world that you never answered.
Singer Sira chapter 39 . 6/22/2010
Awesome ending. I loved it.
Singer Sira chapter 28 . 6/12/2010
This was a wonderful chapter. You portray the emotions that he is feeling very vividly. I hope that Sam is alright in the end.
Girl chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
This is a really good piece, the style is good, everything flows, and the world is very believable.

May I suggest you get an account on . It's a writing website where you can post your work same as here, but you will get more reviews because of the way it works. A lot of the people reviewing there are very experienced / have had work published, so you will get better advice. Any questions, email me on

I think you could go really far with this story.

Good luck.
Singer Sira chapter 24 . 5/31/2010
I have really enjoyed reading this story so far. The world you have created is very unique and believable. I was so sad when he found out that the other Somnam died. I hope that Sam is all right, although I suspect that he has not just forgotten to come in.
lili999 chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
We are a leading company that wholesales Adidas shoes, brand shoes

,bags,caps,watches ect. such as Ipod nano, lv bags,caps,nike shoes,

air jordan series(1-22),air force1,air max series,shox series,

ape bapesta shoes,adidas shoes puma shoes etc. We have different colors,

fashionable designs for your choice. Top quality with a reasonable price,

Our product sell well all over the world,.And we also can make according

to your we accept mixed order. we also accept sample orde.

we have good relationship with many companies,we have good after sell

service and dispatching goods fast and safe,so if you are interested in it,

feel free to contact us:

web: /
Toria Kentaro chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
that was a great start, really well written, one of the best ones I've read so far.
the watchful hand chapter 3 . 3/11/2010
a beautiful section indeed, my fellow smither of words

dreams are limitless, boundless, a place where time rules nothing and space is irrelevant and infinite

i like this passage, and hope that the story includes many more dream sequences, especially ones that help the story to flow

but nevermind what i say, just remember to have fun and be free

thats what its all about

well almost all

the watchful hand

p.s. are the rocks that keep making him trip there for symbolism?

if not, repetition of similar incidents might get a bit tedious or uniteresting (if you have any problem with anything i say, just remamber that its not about what i think, its about what YOU think
the watchful hand chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
I'm getting hooked already.

just remember:

Fast paced beginnings-lots of new material created quickly, mysterious circumstances

ease ins and in between- name says all, just ease in your characters

perfect these types of intros and become an EXPERT

by the way, don't forget to describe the characters themselves first and foremost, as they are the highlight of your story above all!

keep up the good work

The watchful hand
NoOneOfGreatImportance chapter 2 . 2/13/2010
Thats really interesting. i cant wait to find out what happens next.