Reviews for Trudging into high Effervescent Noon
Black Sparrow chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
You are a poetic seamstress if I ever knew one. The words you use and your style are so intriguing and beautiful - it's like a gentle lulling, calming me with it's purity. Beautiful words, beautiful meanings.

I agree with the bellow remark of the cottonwood storms - a beautiful oxymoron indeed.

"though everyone betook me for a theatrical runaway

induced to such hysterics by a highly over active imagination," - I loved this, probably because I can relate to it somewhat.

"Cooling heels in summertime verbatim, teaching the back of my

neck to not melt in the heat. Teaching my hand to rest easily without

yours encircling it as it once was during high effervescent noon; crooning

around with words that have less power now that rock bands took them

over. Claiming them afresh as though they had never been spoken.

Never meant anything to anyone -

else." - I loved this whole piece right there. Definitely my favourite part.

Your work is so beautifully crafted and simply lovely. I envy your skills - you make me go wow.

Brilliant work.
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
I like the word choice and structure of this poem. The imagery was vivid, and I just like how you use literary devices in your writing.
lipleaf chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
I love the imagery you use in this poem. All of the pictures you paint are vivid, lively, and interesting, making this poem really stand out. Your style is so unique- I have yet to see it used by another poet. Things like "taste the thickness of vermillion summer" and "throwing words up from the ground" are just sublime.

The ending was lovely and very insightful. It really makes the reader think about this piece even after they've finished reading it; it makes people pause and reflect. It felt very wistful and sentimental to me, a strange sort of bitter-sweetness and longing. It brings a touching closure to a lovely piece. Good job.
Isca chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
"Cottonwood storms." God, I love this; it's so oxymoronic. I like the image of a whirlwind of cotton - it's so startling, yet gentle.

"Heavy lidded eye-socket light of April." Yes! Such wonderful phrasing. This line has a very stream-of-consciousness feel to it that I really enjoyed.

"I could taste the vermillion thickness of summer." Excellent use of the word "verillion." It really adds depth to this line.

"Teaching the back of my neck not to melt in the heat." Relatable. Confessional. Good work.

"D├ęcolletage." Nice diction.

"And you pointing to the light, something strange." I like this ending; it's both thought-provoking and intriguing.