Reviews for Random Haikus Written By A Random Someone
TrajectoryToNoWhere chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Each of these poems have distinctive and expressive ideas, but these aren't really haikus. Haikus follow an exact scheme of 5-syllables to the top line, 7-syllables to the middle line, and 5-syllables to the bottom. I didn't count to see if these evened out with number of syllables total, but they didn't follow the main idea. Also, with such short poems, isn't it a little redundant to have titles that portray the idea? I mean, I understand that it's difficult to get the point across with only a short three lines, but to tell the reader what the poem is going to say beforehand is kind of redundant.
nickyO chapter 3 . 5/31/2010
Solid set of poetry.

Loved this line: "But I feel at peace instead and nothing comes." because it's very relatable for me. Good work.
AvidWriter-92 chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
I really like these haikus because of the last line on each of them is so powerful. They aren't what I expected them to be, and I like that. Each of them to me feels like a story with the imagery and your great use of word choice. I especially like Suicide and Paralysis. Can't wait to read more!
nickyO chapter 2 . 3/19/2010
I'm glad you are continuing, this is a very strong set and I can't say that I have a fav as they all are very good.
Kajitaka Yuuki chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Whoohoo! They weren't just being nice, I assure you. These are wonderful! I love how you present a whole range of ideas in a few simple lines. Excellent work!
nickyO chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
I thought they were quite good, didn't always follow the 5-7-5 syllables but in spirit kept to the criteria of creating a picture and emotion with a short piece.

I especially liked the last line of "Civil War". Keep writing. :)