Reviews for Saints
C3PO chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Barrette*
this was a really nice stand-alone and actually the very first shot i read of them; went back to read everything else after this. i really appreciate how you get the emotions of both characters off so well; just everything seems so well in place. can't help but be in love with the characters
Averick chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
Aw these two are cute too :D Is there more with them? Hm? I read the first two, lol. Poor Cole :( His family is so rude! But yay, Gavin is understanding and calm and...Awesome! :D Love it
Pinkywink chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
That was so adorable and I just love their misunderstandings. It's not often you find a story with someone so new and afraid to display love openly in public. I guess their are some places you can't, but Cole really needs to relax a little. Hee Hee. I hope you make this a full story cause I'm actually interested to find out how Gavin can stabilize and ground Cole, so they can live a happy free life. Love all your stories, and hope to read more of them in the future.
doublestandard chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Angsty and sad. But the ending was so sweet. It nearly made me cry.
knuffelbeertje92 chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
I love this couple so much! I can't even start to put it in words. I really hope that you'll wright more about them, although I know it's unlikely...
tarryfairy chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
Damn. That made me feel stupidly, giddily good. All of your characters are always realistically a bit screwed up, and yet effortlessly endearing. It really is refreshing, and it was great to hear about Gavin and Cole's relationship a bit further down the road. I had kind of forgot how angsty Cole was inside of his head, though.
i-wish-i-had-wings chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
those girls were so RUDE! arrgh, i just wanted to kill them, i mean, what do they THINK two men eating at a restaurant at valentine are doing? poor cole and gavin ; i liked the end, ordering pizza after that fancy food xD
nonaccount chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Sweet, eventually. :)
LynLin chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
This was incredibly adorable and realistic and just so heartwarming. I loved how it was awkward and warm and fl;asjdak thank you for writing this.
Kyandoru chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
Aw, this is so cute. I love it.

ja ne
TC chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Ah! I love seeing your updates, they're always such a pleasure to read. c: I'm sure you've heard this a million times, but, you are one of the few writers on FP who has skill and any real ability... you're spoiling my ability to read other authors, haha. Anyway, to get away from my mooshy gooshy praise, here's my actual review of why this kicks ass.

I love Cole's character most of all. Especially this-"Cole was usually the one who ate his pride and apologized—it was usually his fault in the first place, anyway," and then you follow this up with the restaurant scene where he's afraid to show affection. The way you phrase the above quote almost gives the impression that Cole is being to harsh on himself, but then you go and verify that with his anxiety later, and especially with the girls in the restaurant. Normally I'm not partial to the character who acts in this manner, but you just put such raw honesty in this sort of stereotype that I can't help but fall in love with him.

And then you pair that reluctance and his fear of what other people think (a fear that I think makes him super relate-able) with his affection for Gavin. The scene that captures this the most, I think, is where he's just watching Gavin's face-there is so much quiet intimacy in that moment and you convey it with such amazing clarity. Then to follow it up with this section: "He wanted to reach out and take the hand ... Cole could barely look him in the face."

Of course, there's plenty of other amazing parts (particularly the women who barge in on their date) that I could just go on and on about, but I don't want this review to be huge and ridiculous. And I just think that it's just... so perfect that they were sort of on the same sort of wave length about moving in together.

Well, uh, if you haven't noticed I'm horrible at reviewing and apologize for this long monster of a thing-I just figured that since you're always churning out such awesome, stunning, holy cow wow works that you deserve good reviews, and I'll try even though I really suck at it.
Jenlyn chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
First things first – COLE AND GAVIN YAY I LOVE THEM.

The idea of Cole practicing his speech in the mirror and getting all flustered is just really adorable. And it sets the tone nicely for what’s to come.

This - Cole held the door open for Gavin with exaggerated courtesy, and Gavin winked at him as he went through – I can’t even tell you how much I love that. It’s such a simple sentence but it tells you so much about the interplay between them and gives you a wonderful little detail about their relationship. This is something that you do really well in all your stories. :)

The entire couple of paragraphs of Cole just looking at Gavin made me melt into a mushy pile of mush. It’s such an intimate moment and they’re not even touching and just the details he notices about Gavin really tell how much he cares about him. Wonderful!

I really like that their disagreement is realistic. It doesn’t go too over the top and they’re both apologetic without it seeming trite. And I liked the inclusion of the detail that they’re both wearing shirts from Target – it was cute and they get the idea that what they’ve got is just fine and they don’t have to do over elaborate things for each other. That just getting a pizza and being together is perfect.

And yay apartment hunting! :) So totally wonderful. I've already told you this, of course, but I wanted to leave you a review here, too. :D I hope you have a nice Valentine’s Day!