Reviews for Nochnayia Lubov
Skyward Ending chapter 59 . 7/23/2011
I adore you for having updated twice in such a short period of time. Love this. I'm sorry this review is so short and useless, but gwaaaaaaah :)
Narq chapter 59 . 7/23/2011
You forgot a page break before Nora's scene. It confused me a bit there.

The boy was her playmate, but these people were his family. The last he had left. Even Shvybs would not deny him that.

- Beautiful! That whole bit in Shvyb's POV, was simply breathtaking. I love it how she seems to dart around, sensing the feelings of everyone around her, I think in a way, because she's been invisible, she's good at doing that. Just wondering though, would "could not deny him that" or "would not deny him that" be better? But ah, the strenth of the words do carry through!

Mogilev followed towards her voice like a rat to the Pied Piper.

- oh, nice! I love that: does he follow because he likes her, or does he follow because something binds him to her that he cannot resist. hm

Her head tilted,,,, considering her reflection in the mirror.

- something went funny after the tilted there.

Alexei stepped out a slow, careful square in perfect accompaniment to the orchestra.

- a page break before this. Gah, this chapter is flawless other than these damn pagebreaks! and I know it's fp's fault, not yours!

She could take a centuries old tradition and push its boundaries wide, transforming it into something fresh, new, but still unmistakably, recognisably Russian. It was just what his reign needed.

- :shiver: so so so so so wonderfull!

love this love this doubly doubley triply love this!
Narq chapter 58 . 7/23/2011
This is a beautiful chapter, balancing power and powerlessness together. Really, through Affimiya and Mogeliv, and now, Nora vs Mogeliv. But.. I think what's more awesome, is the reader vs writer. YOU are so powerful and us readers are just so powerless against what you do to us: with every rising and falling of the breath of your words, I either swoon or scream (okay, maybe not quite, but you get what I mean).

Ah, this is so lovely and awesome, and it's just music to my eyes, especially after reading dry old, boring long textbooks.

Narq.
Tawny Owl chapter 56 . 7/23/2011
The details about the vases was very dry and made me laugh. A love detail and it really made me feel like I was looking at the world through Shvybs eyes

The book shelves trembling was good too.

The Tsar was very cool about the almost collision. Nora seemed more panicked than he did.

After that start the rest of the chapter was very peaceful, and it made me curious about the Tsar’s escape, and how no one noticed. Really enjoyed the description of the eggs though and the Dima’s reaction to them. It was good that Shvybs kept the story short though, as although it’s important to her character and the Tsar it did feel like a set up to mention Kolya. I do miss Kolya though!
3H chapter 58 . 7/23/2011
I pity Affimya. It seems her life has always been empty and controlled. Even now the way Mogilev she's just so helpless. She has no say, just as she had no say with Gorodin. I think this chapter was great insight for her. Now, I'm wondering how Nora is going to react to Mogilev being in her apartment room, or how he's going to react. Can't wait until you update. Again, and as I always say, I LOVE THIS STORY.
NinaBinaBallerina chapter 57 . 7/19/2011
love love love. I've been so busy this whole summer and haven't been able to read, so it has been amazing to sit back and read like eight chapters or so in a row. Woo Hoo! By the way...good luck on publishing and everything. Hope it works out. I'll be the first to buy your book! Can't wait for the next chapter!
Michael Howard chapter 57 . 7/19/2011
Another enjoyable installment. Now here's hoping Anastasia - and the readers - get their wishes granted!
Michael Howard chapter 56 . 7/19/2011
A wonderful chapter here with gentle humor and touching pathos.
Guest chapter 55 . 7/12/2011
And Chelyadin had no choice but to obey. really? I owuld have thought the driver of the car would anwer to him rather than Nora. I'm presuming Chelyadin doesn't do something as menial as driving as he works for the palace?

And I love the practical way she approaches her underwear. Stuff for the tsar and stuff for her. Makes perfect sense. And I liked the stuff that the red blooded stuff was for her.

Her mother's reaction was made more powerful by the fact that she didn't ask questions. And the bit about the blood was very strong too. But mother's know everything. It can't be helped.

He orders her! who says romance is dead? That's very apt though. He's a man of power, and even if he's not that discrete who's going to stop him?

Reading glasses. Another suprising intimacy. I like that we are getting to know him through slow stages.

Lovely description of her hair as a sheaf, and the detail of the pin kinks. Very tactile and suitable for the moment.

Mogilev suprisies me again. Seriously, I thought this was a foregone conclusion: it had just the right feeling of dread and awkwardness to it, and then mogilebvturns out to be, not nice exactly, but not an insane rapist either. Like teh Tsar you've made him very human and far from simple. So jealous of you right now.
Punslinger chapter 57 . 7/10/2011
Very good, for the most part. But Shvybs said Kolya is Chelyadin's son. I thought he was his grandson.

I like the way Shvybs has the courage to stand up for herself, but has the good manners to persuade her brother gently and not hurt his feelings by being overly demanding. Just shows how good breeding pays off.

I wish you would insert some war news now and then. The characters are so isolated from the rest of the world that it's hard to believe they are really living in an important historic period.
3H chapter 57 . 7/10/2011
Nice to see Alexei soften, but I do not see Shvybs ever having kids. Not in that day and age-and not at her age. Although I guess it's possible. Will little Dima become an heir? Is that possible? Or must the heir be blood?

And Yay!Now the Koyla & Katya, and Alexai & Nora stories are merging into the same. I LOVE IT and CANNOT wait until your next update. :)
Narq chapter 57 . 7/10/2011
I think this part

Chelyadins pen scratched to a halt. "Sire, half of her sons will be haemophiliacs."

- it should end in a ! instead because it shows that Chelyadin is protesting, rather than stating it, which I thought he was doing at first, and got confused when the Tsar repeated it again (quietly, I assume). Also, Chelyadin(')s.

Shvybs knew the awfulness of a haemophilia-affected childhood. She had nursed her own brother through his since she was four.

- consider adding a "after all, she had nursed.."?

Shvybs made an agreeable-sounding noise with actually committing to an answer.

- do you mean "without" actually committing to an answer?

Otherwise, a good chapter. No, not too many page breaks at all!
Ioga chapter 50 . 7/5/2011
414 reviews. What can I possibly add! :D It's taken me ages to get to this point, and I haven't even left a single review on the way. The story packs a lot of weight, and I can't just read it with half an eye like your average light entertainment. Sometimes the extent of frustrated suffering makes it necessary to take a break. But I was on a long train trip, got up on speed with it and zwoomed through some 150 pages worth of this in a few days.

It's awesome how you're presenting different angles of the state of Russia, and the alternate-history angle you've picked is gripping. It's right next door and most of us don't really know a whole lot about what's been going on in the lives of its people while we've been busy worrying about what the leaders of the country are up to. The story is teaching me new words and whatnot! (What does the title mean?)

I'll have to catch up with the rest and review more then. Thanks for this!
3H chapter 56 . 7/4/2011
Aww my poor little Dima. I hate see him sad. I wonder if Shvybs is going to bring this to the Tsar's attention. Maybe he'll even feel remorseful. With Nora invading his heart, he is seemingly growing compassion. Maybe very little but I feel there's some there. I rather enjoyed this chapter. A LOT. I think it's because Dima was in this chapter. Update soon. K&K outtakes would be lovely. ;)
Punslinger chapter 56 . 7/3/2011
Good chapter; stronger on character and human interest than plot development.

Anastasia is a lively little vixen. Maybe you should have introduced her into the story earlier. Or were you afraid she would steal too many scenes? Now that the Tsar no longer needs her blood, she is in such robust health that se deserves to have a love interest. Any thoughts about that?

She and kolya's mother seem to exert more influence on the two male leads than their lady friends. But I'll leave Nora and Katya to sort that out.
442 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »