Reviews for Lighthouse Charlie
Witchy Mage chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
I can't belive that I've only just found this story! I also went and stalked your profile to get a little more insight on this story since I didn't really read the summary properly. I wouldn't mind holding you to that vegemite sandwich offer. I'm so happy to have found you. Your other stories also seem interesting. The fact that you hail from Australia might give your stories a tone and settings that I am more familiar with as an Australian. But I may need to put reading your other stories on hold as I am currently overwhelmed by Uni work.

I love your characters so far. They are so real, likable and relatable. I like how lighthearted the chapter started out and then slowly became much more thrilling. I look forward to reading the rest of the chapters.

Thank you for sharing your work. :)
nightlystar chapter 5 . 3/21/2010
thank god u were able to rewrite the chapter..i have wen things like that happen with the computers...its nice that we are seeing another side to Max...i really love characters of charile and max
erstwhiledreams chapter 5 . 3/21/2010
I really love this story. When I see it's Saturday, I get really excited waiting for you to post a new chapter. XD

I love that you can tell how much Max and Charlie care about each other through their actions and reactions. I love how he calls her 'Charlie-girl'... it's just so endearing. Now I see why you named the story Lighthouse Charlie. :) It's so fitting and cute. I hope Charlie can put aside her anger and hurt toward Max soon and learn to forgive and understand him. It would make both their lives easier.

Anyway, you did a great job re-writing this from memory! I couldn't even tell the difference in quality. Keep it up!
Pop the Bubble chapter 5 . 3/21/2010
You are lovely :)

And aww sorry about the file corruption!

Intriguing stuff, I'm thinking I love Max a little too much?

I'm willing to forgive you for the late chapter due to file corruption. (half an hour, really? really?)

Haha I kid, I kid.
Pop the Bubble chapter 4 . 3/21/2010
I didn't actually review this chapter, even after I'd read it like 4 times.

BUT. It's sunday. And I've been hanging out for an update like... all week because this story has got me excited :)

Although, its currently 7pm. So I hope you're updating SOON, WOMAN!
zebraparade chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
oh I love how this story is progressing. I've read your other stories, and this one is quite a bit different since its in high school. I love it! :)
ShadowHeHaHo-deleted chapter 4 . 3/20/2010
AWESOME! AH! I love this! Please update!
ShadowHeHaHo-deleted chapter 2 . 3/20/2010
Oh pooh. I love your story! AWESOME!
lizbliz chapter 4 . 3/19/2010
first off, SO glad, so, so, SO glad that you're back! i felt like there was this little bubble of pure, unadulterated joy in my chest somewhere the first moment i read this story and saw that you came back to us. i think my subconscious swooned a little. sque! soo happy.

but omgosh, what have you given us? i feel like there's enough angsty, complicated, lovey goodness here for me to indulge on at least for the next 4 months. (sidenote: please don't take that long to complete the story tho bc i might follow suit and swoon also. haha.) but seriously, i take it that max's family background has lead to his present circumstances possibly, but is that also the reason why he is hesitant about professing his feelings to charlie? he's a prickly one that max, and to be honest i could see him just as easily loving charlie as not, which means i as the reader am in for a rocky read, aren't i? ;P

can't wait for another chapter! update as soon as can please!

lots love,

liz
lissie2491 chapter 4 . 3/18/2010
It's great. I love it. ]

I don't even have anything to correct about it, haha. But I would like to know more about the whole "singing on the roof of the gym" thing... ;]
righthere431 chapter 4 . 3/17/2010
First, I don't like that overachiever girl, and second, why did Max say it was a mistake?
CynicalRomantic09 chapter 4 . 3/17/2010
Oh yay! We get some of the back story behind Charlie and Max! I kind of figured that something like that went down. It had to have been something emotional to warrant the intense disdain she has for Max. And somehow, I don't think that's quite the end of it, either. It just seems like there's still a little bit more to the story.

I liked the scene where you kind of unraveled everything that happened between her and Max. It was kind of symbolic almost. She was running for gym purposes, but in a way, it was like she was trying to run away from her problems. But she'll have to face them eventually if she's going to be able to put up with Max for a whole year.

I'm liking Emmanuel so far. He seems like a cool dude. I thought it was funny when he was complaining about not even wanting to read the story and when Charlie tells him that Rebecca's dead, he's all, "Did you just ruin the ending for me?" That really made me giggle. I bet he doesn't even need help with English. He's probably really into the story and that's why he got bent out of shape when he thought she spoiled things for him. Lol.

And the stuff with Max and Summer. Oh dear. I think I'm gonna have a problem with her character. Lol. I just don't really like people like that. Nobody's that cheerful/pleasant all the time. First impressions have me thinking she's a bit of a fake. Of course, my opinion might be swayed, though, since we're hearing about her from Charlie's POV.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the development of the story so far. It's going at a nice pace so far. I am looking forward to seeing some more interaction between Max and Charlie, though. Their scenes together are usually pretty entertaining.
righthere431 chapter 3 . 3/17/2010
Lol yeah I agree with Lucy and Nick...this is not going to work.
MCM315 chapter 4 . 3/17/2010
I finally got a chance to read this. :) I liked the backstory and now understand Charlie's issues better. It's weird because I always find myself trying to rationalize the male character's behavior. I think Max felt guilty about doing what he did with Charlie, and leaving was his way of escaping that responsibility. It wasn't right, and it was definitely not a good thing to do, but I did get that he felt badly about having sex with Charlie, yet he hurt her by leaving.

I also think Charlie is protesting too much. She was nice to help Max out with his schedule, and she seemed to kind of care about him in that scene-until she realized what she was doing. lol. And until her sister and dad interrupted. Yes, he bothers her, but there's a reason he gets to her SO much.

Max now, though, is acting like nothing happened, while Charlie is still reeling from that incident. They really need to talk. But, if they don't, more drama can occur, so...bring it on! I'm enjoying this, as I do all of your stories. I look forward to the next chapter. I'm anxious to see how you're going to get these two together. :)
candii-apple chapter 4 . 3/16/2010
I'm officially hooked. Please update, this is amazing :)
1,882 | « Prev Page 1 .. 103 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 123 .. Last Next »