Reviews for Where Cross and Crescent Meet
discipleprodigy chapter 32 . 9/16/2011
Aw man, I wish it was all posted already! lol. Gettin to the good stuff :) I love that you took authority in Jesus name! A lot of times Christians don't understand they have that authority and so remain in chains. Btw, I notice you said in this chapter he was 24, and in Nate's last letter he said he had been there for three years... coming up on that age..

Post soon!

Remain in God's outpour of blessing!

Lauren
OnceUponaStory chapter 31 . 9/15/2011
There's a song by Laura Story I think you'd like, it kept playing through my head throughout the last two updates. It's called "Blessings", and the chorus goes, "What if Your blessings come through rain drops? What if Your healing comes through tears? What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near? And what if the trials of this life, are just Your blessings in disguise?". I love Nate's letters. He sure can write! (A trait you both share I might add). I'm so sad, and yet so excited that you are almost done. To finally know what happens will be a relief, but, frankly, I'm going to miss you! I was rooting for you all throughout the judge scene...I was like "girl, don't you give up yet! You tell that judge" hehe. What a wonderful gift God gave you, to know that you were legally married. "I delight in you", if ever there was a thought too wondrous for words it would be that one. To think that God delights in me! It just blows my mind. I hope you are doing well!
Blondie Pants chapter 31 . 9/14/2011
One of my favorite things about this story is that we are getting both sides but at different times. and every word is so heartbreaking that i keep wanting to type the info i do know into google and find out for myself, just to save me some heartache. but i'm resisting, because i want to follow you on this wonderful, terrible path.

anyway, i'm rambling again. i tend to do that when talking about your story. but I want you to know that you are an incredible inspiration, for the writer and the Christian parts of myself.
rachelontheramble chapter 31 . 9/14/2011
Dear Lizzie, Thank you for these wonderful chapters...today is my husband's birthday and felt so blessed to think about love...our love in the light of God's love for us...i know however your story ends, God will be glorified!
chinyere chapter 31 . 9/14/2011
God bless you abundantly Lizzie. Actually I believe that you are infinitely blessed.

Chapter 31 just pulled harshly on my heartstrings. To think that the end of the story is close...wow.

Is there a chance that you could post all remaining chapters at the same time? The suspense is excruciating :s

God bless

Barbara
casey-kent chapter 30 . 9/14/2011
You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this!

Okay, I'm bawling my eyes rn because I can relate to Ally, and the hurt that she felt. But despite every wound, God is good.
discipleprodigy chapter 30 . 9/13/2011
God is so faithful..

Can't wait to see what he did with you while 'Nate' was captive. Surely some amazing things! Also can't wait to hear more from 'Nate'. His endurance and the way God spoke to Him while he was captive...it has a way of strengthening one's walk with God.

Thanks again for posting your testimony(the story) on this site, Lizzie! God bless!

Lauren
wakeyourdreamz chapter 29 . 9/13/2011
You know, I don't really know where I stand with this story. I've started reading it before, but was, put off for some reason or another and it popped up again and I was still weary to read it. I think it's mainly because I didn't want to see how your views of religion differed from mine. I do believe in God, and I do believe in Jesus, but I'm not a harty church go-er, person such as yourself.

I think, if anything, your story scared me more than anything. In my eyes, you make God seem scary. Like, if we don't follow him he'll punish us. But, I've always believed God is a merciful God, we can turn our back on him all our lives, but if when Judgement Day arrives and we can turn back to him and acknowledge our sins and ask for Forgiveness, he WILL forgiveness, because he is a God of love. I think it's because maybe, we've both been introduced to God through different ways and we have different lifestyles, I can respect that. I feel like you portray God to be so, frightening. I'm kind of a little bit scared to go to sleep right now, well, before I was writing this review anyway - maybe I needed to just get this out - I think maybe it's because everytime you do something sinful, you immediately berate yourself for it and cry out to God for forgiveness. It's not...I don't know, I don't do that because, I just never felt like I have to, I know I've done wrong and I accept the consequences but even if I'm wrong I know God loves me and he won't love me anyless because of the wrongs I've done. I don't know what I'm getting at it's just...I don't know. The God you write of, is Holy and merciful, but frightening at the same time. He punishes people...so they can be better? Is that what you're saying? Or he's punishing people because they sin? Is the punishment of not receiving eternal life not enough? I don't know, I just, I wish I could explain all these things in my head.

To me, it seems like you were at a place where you 'said' you believed in God, but, the way you acted and the thoughts that you went through were not at all how you 'should've' been acting, by your standards. It's hard to explain and I hope one day I can put into words, what I can't now. (For the boy who talks to God)

'Nate' wow, what a character. Aren't you lucky? I find him so overwhelming. I don't doubt for a second that any of this is made up, it's the truth that is so scary. When I read Nate's chapters, I don't know how to act, I feel like I should be crying because he was in such a helpless situation, but I couldn't, because he was never scared, he was excited if anything. You know, sometimes I think, 'this dude is mental. Completely out of his mind.' But it's what he believes in and I admire his courage and his strength, his faith in Him.

I read up to chapter 19 today and I didn't feel like I wanted to read on because I read somewhere there were 41 chapters and you've gone up to 29, that's 12 chapters missing and I don't like where it's finished. I feel broken, not knowing the outcome. I usually don't mind, but the stories I usually read aren't so intense and REAL. I think that's what blows my mind most of all, I still can't wrap my head around it. And I've tried looking up on Google if I can find any article that even HINTS at this story, just to see for myself. I do believe, it's just...wow. Mind blowing.

I hope Nate isn't dead. I hope you didn't have to deal with that and even if you did, I hope you're okay. I hope that you're surrounded by an overwhelming amount of love and I hope that you're in a state of serenity and enjoying whatever it is your doing at the moment.

I hope even more, to see the ending of the story soon, and that it's happy and not the happy where: "Even though I felt that overwhelming amount of emotion, the anger, the hurt, the betrayal , I could still feel His presence stronger than ever near me. I knew Nate was with Him and he was watching over me" - or something, because that would surely be a horrible ending! No offense.

-sigh- Won't you show us pictures, Lizzie, of your marriage! It seems so great and wonderful and, just perfect.

Hope and love.
Mellie chapter 29 . 9/6/2011
This story has been so encouraging, thank you thank you THANK YOU for writing it and sharing this story. I read it last year and when I started reading the sequel, I just couldn't resist in reading the first story "The boy who talks to God" again. I couldn't stop once I started. This story has just been absolutely amazing and it was reading it that makes me look forward to the next day, haha :) Anyways, you have been such a blessing to write this and I jut want ot make you know that this has touched my heart, I really really hope you continue this awesome story of yours. Lots of love!
Guest chapter 29 . 9/4/2011
I 3 your story!
NotoriousWindchime chapter 29 . 8/27/2011
Your story is truly beautiful : ) It has taught me so much about keeping faith in God, even during trying times. In fact, those are the times which really test our faith in Him.

Will you be updating soon?
casey-kent chapter 29 . 7/28/2011
Gosh, okay, I knew something like this would happen.

But I never actually expected that they took Nate right before they got LEGALLY married. I honestly cried so hard while reading this chapter.

It saddened me a lot, but then again I realized God gives and takes away.

When I read this chapter, I was really having a rough time too. Fighting sin and having doubts. Thank God this updated! Thank God I read this on the right time. God does indeed have perfect timing.

This chapter has moved me in ways that you don't even know. You may be just writing a story, but behind it, your story is also changing lives.

I'll be eagerly waiting for the next chapters! :)
BridgedxLove chapter 29 . 7/26/2011
Oh, my dear.

This was truly a sobering chapter. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain you felt at that moment. I didn't cry, but I choked up. I wanted nothing more than to give you a hug!

And now, the real story begins! I'm excited, but not jumping up and down like I usually am after I read a chapter of your story. This is certainly a "page turner." You are a wonderful writer! And in this chapter, I felt it was the most REAL. I can't explain it, but it felt...I can't describe it. So human. So beautiful. (Wow, my computer deleted my message AGAIN!) I eagerly await the next chapter.

I really can't wrap my mind around how hard this must have been to go through. And I bet this was a hard chapter to post. I can only imagine how much harder the future chapters will be to post. I pray God will give you strength! It's such a blessing to read. :) YOU are a blessing!

I can't wait. :)

-Bridged-
discipleprodigy chapter 29 . 7/25/2011
It' crazy to know someone that's a missionary that I've never met believes in God the same way I do, and it's crazy to have the realness of God and my relationship with him confirmed by a stranger. Your experiences with God in this chapter were...I can never find the word to describe how powerful, real, and humbling a our(Christ-followers) experiences with God can be. This chapter gave me chills. Can't wait for more!
Daddy's Little Peach chapter 29 . 7/25/2011
Every time I read a chapter of this story it still never fails to both break my heart and fill it with joy at the same time!

I had a weak moment this morning, wehere I got angry that my hair straightener wasn't working because of the cold, and I let that anger drag me down. I feel so blessed to have read this chapter, for it has reminded me that the trials I face are so trivial compared to those of others, and that rather than get angry when my possessions break, I should rejoice that I have been blessed with them in the first place.

Thank you, as always, for sharing your journey with us.

Peace,