Reviews for Senji Works
Chika Hanabi chapter 50 . 5/20/2011
Whee the special was funny I've already read your other story with Sadame in it (still waiting for update) and I like the interaction of the cross-over. Freaking Senji, just because of a magazine ending? I agree with Sadame never to let the guy come back.

Ahhh four battles at once ! I thought Atsuko didn't like to use her adult form. Natsume...Her power should be to make metal or something like that, huh? Well, that's from guessing with the plate.

It amuses me to imagine Harima running around a roof dodging blades. If the Fear of Blades is Harima's age, technically he isn't a man yet, right? Who does the Fear of Blades work for or is he one of the Fears of Life?

Poor Rei-chan. I wonder how she's going to get out alive. Her Soul Free doesn't help her keep her thoughts from being stolen. I can't believe Ameno had tried bribing her, too. Typical businessmen, trying to get more money for their companies, etc.

Lin looks like his battle will be the easiest out of everyone. Lucky him. Too bad Harima didn't get the Fear of Extinction. Then again, Harima probably would've had a lower chance than Lin to kill the guy.

Looking forward to the next chapter (and good luck with the rewrites as well as the profiles. I want to read more of those)
Louis-sama chapter 2 . 5/16/2011
Hello, it's been a while.

The concept of your story is quite interesting, I must say. This story sure has its own charm, and it is a very good thing. The way Senji and Atsuko speak with their customer is comedy gold too.

The way you explained their powers is interesting too. This story reminds me of Get Backers due to some reasons. And then, there's Kira. The power of getting rid of attention is rare but it sounds interesting. I wonder how it will work out in later chapters. Anyway, I'll be reading the next chapters, if I have time. Then, why don't you go and read my story as well. I'll be happy if you do that.

Louis the Magnificent
PU77 chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
I like the characters and their powers but the whole "agency that works as long as you pay" reminds me of animes like Gintama, xHolic, Devil May Cry.

There's also some capitalisation and grammer problems in the first chapter which I'm sure you might be aware of but not have the time to fix.

I'd like to see where you take the story so I'll keep reading.

Your writing makes it easy to imagine the scenes :)
Mysterious MD chapter 49 . 5/10/2011
That was a great chapter. It was well written, I didn't encounter any spelling or grammar errors. It was interesting to see them go straight to their foe. We hear that they are fighting and what their chances of success are. Then we find out the crazy plan to change the world they have. I look forward to reading more, keep up the great writing.

The profiles are also cool.
Chika Hanabi chapter 49 . 5/10/2011
A NUCLEAR BOMB? MADNESS! Then again, this is the Fear of Difference. His ability is interesting, actually. Warping people's thoughts would be fun. It sounds a lot like Ameno's, though. Well, their Mental Frees, anyway.

Pretty interesting development to this. Can't wait to read the other battles. Hope Atsuko-chan kicks butt!
Rugelach chapter 2 . 5/10/2011
Interesting!

I have just finished reading the first chapter. Imagining this as a manga was easy. You described everything perfectly and the Death Aura thing really got me hooked. It was quite different and odd (in a good way). It stood out. Definitely unique, this story is. I'm adding this to my favorites.
Chika Hanabi chapter 48 . 5/7/2011
"me and him" should be "he and I".

Ahh so that's Akemi's Free. It makes sense. I'm still wondering if Harima will get any other Free besides Physical and Mental. The ending surprised me a bit. We've got another Fear of LIfe revealed, but then there's that little girl. I wonder what Fear she is. Wonder, wonder Good job with Senji Works! So far I think this is the only fic I read that actually updates now. Can't wait for you to update :D
Mysterious MD chapter 48 . 5/7/2011
That was a great chapter. It was well written, I didn't encounter any spelling or grammar errors. We see Harima fight, and see how cunning he is in his fight against the three siblings, nearly beating all of them by himself. We also see another person from Senji's past, and find that two Fears of Life are coming to take them on. I look forward to reading what happens next, keep up the great writing.
WindTear chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
Hilarious! I will difinately be adding this to my favorites list. Have you watched Ouran High School Host Club? The ending of this and the ending of ep. 1 seemed very simmilar. Some spelling grammars, but otherwise, VERY GOOD!
Mysterious MD chapter 47 . 4/30/2011
That was an interesting chapter. It was well written, I didn't encounter any spelling or grammar errors. We see Harima now fighting, and use his ability to cancel out the hive mind ability of his first opponent. And now he's facing his next foe. The special chapter was amusing. Keep up the good writing, I look forward to reading what happens next.
Chika Hanabi chapter 47 . 4/28/2011
BAHAHAHAHA. I liked the special chapter. Yes, very random. Now you have a mini character in the story :D I always like how manga have those little side-stories with their editors and stuff. It's cute and funny.

ahem, now for the chapter itself. I haven't actually noticed that you were writing shorter chapters. Well, chapter word numbers always end up changing anyway, and all I thought was that you were giving us more cliffhangers xD

(Now) for the actual chapter. It's interesting to see Akira's Free. So that's what his Hive Mind Free is. Interesting, I didn't even notice it was a Mental Free at all. I wonder what Akemi's Free is. Judging from the little snake, though, it's got something to do with snakes. Does Atsui have anything other than his Physical Free of changing their faces? And I wonder who their 'Master' is. Probably another one of the Fears of Life? It must be, since you just had a Fear of Life come. It wouldn't make sense for you to just leave those guys out, now would it?

[Is it just me or are the sibling's names all starting with A?] Hope you update soon, and good luck rewriting those first few chapters. I can't wait to read them!
Mysterious MD chapter 46 . 4/24/2011
That was a good chapter. It was well written, though I think I encountered two spelling errors. You had; "The reason is that my minds remembers my arm..." where I think "minds" should be "mind". Then you had; '"For out Master, Harima Kago..."' where I think "out" should be "our". We see that Harima is training to use his ability and then we see Senji on a job at his school. We find two of the three, and see that they are now going to try to kill Harima. I can't wait to read the next chapter, keep up the good writing.
Chika Hanabi chapter 46 . 4/22/2011
Ooh a new set of characters! I wonder if these three work for the Fears of Life. This chapter was quite interesting, and now I'm wondering what is Harima's Free. And I'm still wondering about Aiko - is she going to be a good guy or bad? Well, I hope for an update!
Mysterious MD chapter 45 . 4/17/2011
That was a good chapter. I encountered a few spots I was unsure of.

One spot was where you had; "She would have bitten a large part of Senji's skull had the Fear of Difference stopped her by grabbing onto her raincoat." I get what you are trying to say, but I think it needs an edit. If you add "not" in there like this; "She would have bitten a large part of Senji's skull had the Fear of Difference not stopped her by grabbing onto her raincoat." Then I think it would work.

Another spot was where you had; "Harima glanced at Harima," where I think one of the names should be something else.

We get to see Hiroto and what became of him now. Then we see that Harima now has a Free ability too, so now they are returning to base. I look forward to seeing what his ability is and how it will be used. Keep up the good writing, I look forward to reading the next chapter.
Limit Removal chapter 46 . 4/17/2011
I've read every chapter up to this one, and I must say, a great story. Unfortunately the start is pretty weak and drives away a lot of potential reader.

The premise is great, it gives you limitless potential which direction the story will develop to. And the characters, while some I disliked, are mostly interesting and stand out from each other, creating a certain feel of diversity (something I have yet to achieve in my stories).

My impression when reading chapter one is: "Wow, how dull and cliche..." but I pushed forwards and things just get better and better the further I read. So my suggestion is to "revamp" the earlier chapters up to eleven.

Something I noticed about Harima is... Well, he practically does nothing in every mission he takes except the casino and haunted house one. At least he fulfilled his role as a cleaner (and probably the only 'Normal person' personality-wise) in Senji Works. I'm surprised he hasn't entered the typical "I'm only a burden" phase, but I'll left the character development to you.

I'm looking forward to the battle against the rest of the Fears; and what Harima's other Free powers are once he unlocks them.

Peace, sorry if anything in this review is wrong and/or offends you.
171 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »