Reviews for Collard Greens
Dash chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
I'm very meh about this piece. I saw the ending coming from a mile away, so I definitely didn't like how predictable the plot was. Your writing is quite good, though, so points for a solid piece. I'm just not wowed by this.
Icyfire4w5 chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
1) Hi, I've clicked on this story because of its intriguing summary. :D (You should be proud of yourself.)

2) I've never seen or eaten collard greens before, but anyway, I realize that the Chinese name for "water spinach" can be loosely translated as "the heartless veg". Gosh, this means that collard greens isn't the only heartless veg out there.

3) Some people think that I'm scary (and heartless) because I just can't cry even if everyone else is crying and sniffing. However, I'm easily infected by laughter. Laugh, and I'll laugh with you. (I want to tell Mike that I can understand that he isn't being heartless. I understand that sometimes, one can feel really devastated, yet the tears just don't flow.)
JustPlainJane chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
Wow... amazing! I really like the way you write!

"They were cabbage, and he was just collard greens."

"Mike might not have been a regular cabbage, but he sure wasn't collard greens." ...I loved the ending. These two lines are my favourites. Genius :)
punkylia chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
This was absolutely amazing. I know my cousin had similar feelings when his aunt passed away so it is definitely very true to life.
imawriternotatalker chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
I loved this! Especially the part 'It started in his heart, but worked its way up to his eye' it really perfectly portray that feeling when you're about to cry.
Justyn chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
D: Why do you have to be such an amazing writer? This was amazing. I LOVED the metaphor of the collard greens (well, obviously I loved it, you know me), but you turned all that quirky energy into sadness...and it actually WORKED! Great pacing and emotions, I can identify with a lot of this. SEND ME YOUR WRITING MOJO!