Reviews for My Fear Is Real
Archia chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
I really enjoyed this. I liked how it conveys the truth of being afraid. I like the line 'point to this eerie still' there's something slightly haunting about it.
The Indifferent Voice of Youth chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
This is very real, I think it would speak to many people about that freakish feeling of panic. Every part of it has an under-lying sense beneath it. The stanzas and lines are quite even. However, I don't think your writing is as fully developed and heart-felt as it could be. Push yourself, continue writing all you can, about everything that's affected you. Write a line here and there, put them together, don't worry about structure. But, that said, this is still very well written, just not yet a fully matured style

Indifferent Voice
JMEM1 chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
Hi, from the Roadhouse! wow, this was a really fantastic poem. You've really captured the feeling of panic here, something I think a lot of people (myself included) can relate to. It's never easy facing a fear, so I congratulate for doing so and putting the feeling down in this wonderful poem. Great job! :)
Effie chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
Mystical!
Ember Eyed Girl chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
I love this poem, it seems to be a giant paradox. I love paradoxes. You kept a solid meter, which is good because an unsteady meter is more difficult to read/understand. I wouldn't change anything at all! My favorite stanza is the last. Those words are both beautiful and haunting.
Ninja Chick chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
Wow... this is really good i can see whats happening and can picture me being the one in this position... wow great job
fudgyvmp chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
Good use of inversion.

you have nice regualr lines, which is better than i cna say of my poetry. Also, it's not dense; we can easilly understand what you wrote. I have to say though I wonder what you were afraid of. Not wrestling a octopus in the Mohave I hope, but that's awesome you did that, the closest thing I've done to that is have a fist fight with my pacifist nieghbor, but he won (and started it oddly).

Wow I almost didn't notice the rhyme scheme, It all flowed so nicly it didn't shout out. I feel despite the fear that this is a rather soft spoken/nervous poem, as intended.

If you feel like returning this review, I'd love one for the prologue of my story Guardian's Creed.
Kobra Kid chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
that was a great poem! :D. it had a good rhythm to it & your choice of words were splendid. I don't see any errors, so awesome! :]

Broken Cross

P.S. Please review back via Acr of Spades. (Dont be too harsh on it xD) Thanks'
roulette rouge chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
Hmm, I do wonder what the object of your fear. Intangible or not, it inspired a fairly good poem. The stanzas flow well together and nothing seems out of place, every word relevant to the poem itself. And the subject, the outcome, is inspiring, that a person can overcome one fear and live (yes, live!) to overcome another.

So all in all, a very satisfying piece.

It's no Frost or Keats, I will be honest and say that.

But it has potential and, in its simplicity, holds a beauty all its own. It is very inspiring...

Good job!