Reviews for 4 Lovers
Punslinger chapter 11 . 2/3/2011
Us Arizona folks thank you for the mention. I like the way this haiku cotrasts hands hiding (not just keeping warm) in gloves with thoughts of another clime where fingers can go naked in the open air.
Punslinger chapter 10 . 9/17/2010
It's nice to see the haiku return to its original focus on nature. These create a lovely peaceful mood.
Punslinger chapter 9 . 9/15/2010
"...a gust of wind stirs up old / life flashing like fish." Sharp phrases like that stir up my attention, too. Excellent imagery throughout.
Cynthia Brent chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Great poem! Reminds me of "Two Lovers" as sung by Mary Wells. (Written by Smokey Robinson - Bob Dylan once called him America's greatest poet.)
wasteofdays chapter 6 . 7/17/2010
lmao this is such a free spirited poem. wish i could do that every day :)
wasteofdays chapter 2 . 7/17/2010
i love this one! i like "snow tired." its kind of a play on words but is such a true phrase at the same time. and spring is such a beautiful season...its like the moment that the world gets to live again.
Punslinger chapter 8 . 7/15/2010
Moist evergreens glowing at sunrise and dewdrops like frost on cobwebs-strikinly apt reminders of midwinter in midsummer. You have a rare eye for the extrordinanry in the ordinary.
static shakedown chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
I like this one the best. Sometimes love blooms in the fall and sometimes one falls in love in Spring.
AvidWriter-92 chapter 5 . 6/5/2010
Wow, you're so clever with these ones! :P

I loved them all. :)

Especially the line,

"like a newlywed's spat—hot

nights soon will follow."

;) Lol. :)

Loved 'em, nickyO.

Avid. :)
Ygg chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
I liked the first chapter the most. The connection of love with seasonal changes works wonderful in it. Excellent flow too! It's always a pleasure when you can read a Haiku in one breath :-) Great work!
Punslinger chapter 7 . 5/6/2010
I think this is a good choka. I like the way you cast the crow as an angel-not the way we usually look at that black bird. But I don't know if I could think of its harsh "Caw!" as singing.
frugale chapter 6 . 4/24/2010
Trilingual! Me likes very much XD

I love how you sketched this simple, everyday scene! Just lovely!
frugale chapter 5 . 4/24/2010
I love the two latter ones, and the second one is my absolute favorite. Gah I adore your humourous works!
frugale chapter 4 . 4/24/2010
Oh this brings so many images of the familiar wilderness to my mind! What a delight! I love how you can manage to do that AND bringing up so much emotion in so few words at the same time. Love it.
Punslinger chapter 6 . 4/14/2010
That's just the way I feel when I see carefree youngsters. If only we could be like that again. Good work.
32 | Page 1 .. Last Next »