Reviews for Personal Log
Nutterfly chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
I'm sorry that anyone reading these reviews has to see Bibliophile1's personal rant. There are stories on this site that I have found offensive, but I didn't post a public diatribe and whine about it. Instead of forgiveness I should get a public apology, but I'm not holding my breath.
bibliophile1 chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
You're right, it is a very highly cherished tale we humans love to tell ourselves. Your story makes a mockery of something I and many others hold to be true. If someone wrote a mythical "explanation" for, say, whatever creation myth Buddists hold, would you not fail to recieve even the slightest of tongue lashings? Would not no one even attempt to comment on the grievous insult you had made? Still, at least one would make certain to say, "You have a right to your beliefs, but I am no less slighted by your story." I am therefore saying, "You have a right to your beliefs, but I am no less slighted by your story." I also know I must forgive you; that is what I shall do. As long as you understand that my feelings were hurt, I shall then bid you adieu.
Lydecker Jr chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
AWESOME!

I love the technicalities. And I disagree with a reviewer I think the mentioning of the manhood was necessary. Sexual organs have and always will hold a great place in societies and cultures. From circumcision to bloodletting, and voluntary castration. It was a difference that needed to be pointed out. (The examples I provided were in relation to males.)

I had forgotten the summary of the story and was just reading it out of enjoyment so the ending had me smiling greatly. The part when Hadeem cut off his own pinky made me cringe but, not because it was gross. The idea that he was just imitating the narrator...

This was wicked!
MaddersAhatter chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
As you know, I saw it coming, but then I am starting to know how your mind works.

I really enjoyed this, and interesting and original take on a well known story.

You are obviously going to be a serious rival in the pun/wordplay department.

Brava!
WonderWing chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
awesome read man! it didn't grab me that much at first, but your writing style really works well once you're actually acquainted to the characters and moving along in the story ya know?

the only thing i felt unnecessary was the mention of the protagonist's manhood, that was a little much lol. even if they are an advanced, dissociated species and all.

overall it was a real good read, especially in the last half, that was a delight to plow through yo. have a good one, keep writing and take care