Reviews for En Garde
Megas Alexandros chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
A breathtaking description of Water's "music"! And your portrayal of their relationship is brilliantly devious and full of intriguing nuances and playful undertones. Great story, love.
MantraMagazine chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
You never fail to impress me with this pair. Their relationship combined with your expert way of portraying them is one of the best reads I've ever had. I don't think i can relate to you how impressive these short stories are, and on so many levels.

This particular scenario was very enthralling. I don't know what I liked best, the music or when he was in the submarine. Now that was something, so creative! I never would have thought of anything like that. The various elemts you put into it; the control, the conversation, the movements and actions of the characters that you flawlessly incorporate to be magical. That's what really gets me; you have these two elements and they both have this facination with each other that cannot be compulated, and then you add in these motions and interpreation of those motions that just blow me away! I'll never get tired of reading these stories, so please don't stop posting them!

Thank you for a wonderful read!
helike chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
"One thing I absolutely love about human beings," Fire said as he ventured deeper into the forest. "They come up with all sorts of clever ideas. Up to and including," he squinted up at the greyish sky and smiled, "waterproof materials."

They also come up with all sort of not so clever ideas, but Fire missed it apparently :P

LOL I was just to ask if that raincoat really worked. Mine had one not-so-great trait - I got wet quite quickly despite wearing it.

Seems that your muse revived now that you're done with work :) Good story, honey :)