Reviews for Back to Hell
SKeene1956 chapter 19 . 3/31/2013
Man; that was a really good story. A look down the path that I have never seen other writers in-vision for the end. Bravo!
SKeene1956 chapter 2 . 3/31/2013
Thank you for bringing her back into the story.
Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 4 . 3/28/2011
Argh, this chapter just makes the tension from the last one more unbearable! But I guess it is a nice lull, and it's good to know that the others are somewhat safe for now...

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 3 . 3/28/2011
It's been a long time - sorry about that, real life and finals have been taking their toll on me this year. Onto the review: such a chilling narrative; I loved the suspense you built up, interspersed with the memory of Jake's times in the Stadium. The contrast there really highlighted just how horrific everything is now. I also liked the bold bits that give us a greater impression of what's going on - this adds a lot to the tension!

zombie chickens chapter 19 . 12/3/2010
Whoah. I wasn't expecting that at all. It ended...Now what am I gonna read?

In this chapter I have to say I'm with Mercy. Following some guy just to sit and watch the world end doesn't sound like the best survival method, xD but if you don't feel like surviving anymore it sure isn't the worst way to go.

Overall I found this story to be a very satisfying read. I love character driven stories and you definitely have a talent for creating deep, realistic personas. The ending is really bleak, but I do feel like you wrapped things up nicely, especially with the few words they say to each other at the very end. So, any chance of a three-qual?
zombie chickens chapter 18 . 11/18/2010
Holy wow.

I did not expect Jake to go so off the wall crazy in such a short amount of time. It's so unexpected, and hearing from his perspective has a nicely chilling effect. I felt so bad for Chuck in these chapters. :( I'm kind of wondering if this is gonna be it for Jake, which would be sad, but at the same time kind of a relief by now. He's gone through a lot of crap. Right now I'm just wondering why the blast had this effect on him and the select others it changed. It seems like it might relate to the mental state of people before it happened, or something like that.

My one and only comment would be that I didn't feel like there was a big transition from him being mostly normal to being completely raving mad, but maybe I have to go back and read the earlier chapters again. I actually like the fact that it seemed to happen really suddenly, but if it's something that you're concerned about I thought I'd point it out.

I love this story! I can't wait for more!
Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 2 . 11/12/2010
Mercy's POV is full of emotion, and it's so easy to get into her head. There was a melancholic tone to this whole chapter, that I thought you captured really well. The ending was a lil shocking, so I guess I'll have to read up on Clara's story...

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
Hey, it's been a while! I thought the opening to this seemed a little bit muddled - it didn't have the same strength that the opening to Into The Night had, and the narrator's voice wasn't as strong there either. Perhaps you could make the summary a little tighter, as it did seem to be bit confusing and hard to follow. But as the chapter progressed, I could feel Jake more as a character. Maybe you could describe a bit more of the scenery - paint a sketch of the city and highlight a few key aspects? Even a few words like "grey" and "stark" can have a really powerful effect - make use of the full range of human senses there.

Something that read a little oddly to me:

...seen the things that you have beheld over the last few days.

zombie chickens chapter 14 . 8/28/2010
There is so much awesomeness in this story! I love the slight drama that comes with all of them finally meeting. Poor Jake though, I thought the weed would be enough to keep him from exploding xD but I guess not. You're going to add more I hope? Please? Soon! I need to know what happens next. Even Jake seems frighteningly expendable at this point for a first person narrative character because you've already shown us that it could switch to Chuck's point of view, (that was the best ever by the way. You should definitely have more scene's from chuck's perspective.)

I'll stop rambling now. Very excellent work on this. I'm so glad to be caught up and truly hope to see more.
zombie chickens chapter 11 . 8/26/2010
Wow. Jake's really losing it. xD I really like that you used slightly different timelines for the seperate POVs, it was confusing at first because I was wondering when a message got put on the radio, but by the end it all sort of came together. It's good to keep people guessing in stories like these, it keeps the suspense going.

Poor Jake, waking up all alone after going inferno...Which is awesome by the way. This story is great and even though it's been a while since I last had a chance to read it I didn't need any reminders of what was going on once I started. It's the kind of story that sticks in your memory.
zombie chickens chapter 9 . 5/22/2010
I liked this chapter, I've got to imagine it must be kind of fun to take a place that you know in real life and just destroy it. Once again I am adoring all the suspense and general horror and I really want to encourage you to keep going with this one! Well, you mentioned in the last chapter that this might be coming to an end, but I wish that you would at least go a little more into detail on the supernatural abilities some of the people have gotten from the blast before it does.

As always, love it, and I really hope you keep it up!
zombie chickens chapter 7 . 5/12/2010
Oh my god. AMAZING chapter. From the very beginning you had me on the edge, wondering from the start which one it was going to be...Actually I'm not really all that upset, I mean, a little but I was really relieved that it wasn't any of the main characters. Also, I LOVED Chuck's line at the end, he really puts things into perspective, it almost seems like Chuck was meant to live in a post apocalyptic, mutant infected world.

This is amazing. I hope you plan on updating soon.
zombie chickens chapter 5 . 5/9/2010
I've neglected my reading for too long and definitely need to catch up on this story. Love the references to the old books, one of the strengths of this story is definitely your success at connecting elements from reality that makes the story and characters that much easier to relate to.

Also, I really love the part where Jake is comparing their situation to a zombie/ post apocalyptic movie cliche. I've watched a lot of zombie movies, they're awesome like this story, but I get why the thought would be kinda scary XD.

Anyway, Crazy people with guns crazy mob of psychos win. Can't wait to read more and I will very soon.
zombie chickens chapter 4 . 4/9/2010
I'm already anticipating what they're going to find at the restaurant. I like the fact that the characters keep going to places that they remember from their childhood, it makes everything just that much more haunting.
zombie chickens chapter 3 . 4/8/2010
I love how morbid this story has gotten! This chapter sent chills down my spine especially with the last scene you added in. Just when I was wondering if there were any mutants waiting in the lurk. It sort of reminded me of 28 days later the scene in the church. So creepy.

Sorry I've been kind of a ghost lately, clearly you've been busy. I'm going to catch up as soon as I can.