Reviews for Through the apple maggot quarantine regions
KaenaFolcun chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
I came back to read this and discovered that i really DO love it.

it's odd, every time i reread one of your works, i find new sentences, phrases that hit me deep. it feels like for once, the magic of words can't tire itself out.

Thank you for that, btw.
Isca chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
"The apple-maggot-quarantine regions." I like the apple-maggot imagery; there's something very Pandora & Eve-esque about it.

"You screamed fuck fuck fuck fuck at the top of your

lungs as though words could erase the action." This is my favourite line; it's relatable, and yet, somehow still very profound. :)
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
I like the use of second person in this poem. It makes it effective, especially with the tone.
in theory chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
I love how you sharply address yourself in this, almost like you're issuing a warning, or hinting that one is due.

words (not uncommon in poetry)

haha I love that expression, I found it sarcastic but perfectly appropriate. 'Free of forethought' is another expression used that instantly needs a lot of thought. The end of innocence was my most liberating memory, but yeah now I wonder how anything dragged itself through all that childish wailing.

Thought provoking, well more demanding, as usual. Hope you're keeping well :)

Jack
KaenaFolcun chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
This is beautiful...

i love how its all put together... "That same sky dead as your shoes wove a tale of sound into the cold breaking of the dusk." this makes me remember walking night through day on cobbled roads for some reason... :)