Reviews for Solstice Gum
savor those enticing dreams chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
well, i will tell you one thing, my dear.

you are humble, first off- i read your profile and was expecting some terrible, terrible writing-

but not so!

this was so very enjoyable.. i'm always enthralled with lengthy haiku writing. i loved it! it had a soft beauty. it was realistic and yet, unlike so many realistic poems, it still contained beautiful, characteristic imagery.

well done!
InfinitePrincessx3 chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
You have such a way with words, great haiku xD

Check out my profile & stories if you ever get the chance.

-InfinitePrincessx3
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Beautiful. I love the juxtaposition of spring arriving and stopping loving someone, because it's opposite of what most people would expect. Nice work. Keep writing! :)
Bonjour Skitty chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
"Winter can finally leave / and I can stop loving you" - This line seems extremely ironic to me. Spring time is the stereotypical season of love! But I digress..

Overall, I enjoyed reading this poem. There seems to be hints of angst and I'm a sucker for that. Leafless trees. Winter. The longing for normality.. hoping that something beautiful will bloom in the spring flowers maybe?
Reason-Flower chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Huh. I think I somehow managed to miss this one. Sorry. Don't know how that happened. Anyway, an interesting poem, although I have to confess it's not one of my favourites. It seems a bit . . . rough? Raw? Not as polished as your works usually are. I like the idea of a place which is usually hot (Florida's hot, right? American geography, not really my forte) suddenly being all cold and icy. It really ecompasses the idea of something being, well, out of whack. And when's it gonna end? Cos I don't wanna love you . . .
fleur de l'est chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
I like the bittiness that the structure gives this piece, like a person thinking to herself. I also like the way you associate love with winter; it's usually perceived as fruitful, but perhaps it drains the narrator's life.
frugale chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
I've been awed by this piece and I caught myself reading it over and over again. It starts off gorgeously, with some grand descriptions, and the modern touch in the second 'haiku' sets the tone quite well. All I can say is that you've come up with a piece rich in emotions, that everyone (at least I! definitely!) can relate to, and the ensemble is beautifully crafted, just the right length, just the right amount of info revealed. WOW.
nickyO chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
Really good work. A fav. :) I especially like the fourth haiku and how it all comes together at the end.
sealednectar chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
Beautiful.

This was a really good piece. It was like an explosion of imagery for me. Also, I liked that you chose a specific place for the poem to be set in because not many poems have a specific location.

This was a great piece.

Your work is getting better and better with each new piece I read, so keep it up!