Reviews for A Dish Served Cold
J chapter 13 . 1/26/2013
Where's the rest of the story?
Russle chapter 6 . 9/5/2011
Iiiiinteresting... o.o
Skyy Arkk chapter 6 . 6/14/2010
Very well written, I must say! I'm enjoying this story so far.

Your story is very believable, whereas most of the stories in this, erm, genre tend to be a little too 2-d and unrealistic for my liking.

I hope you will continue to write pieces as well written as this one is. I look forward to finding them too.

I'm going to hunt down the rest of this story now. I have to say, putting part of your story on this website and then the rest somewhere else, just a little evil. Just a little. It did work though; your story is written well enough for me to want to pursue it.

I should point one thing out before I forget. "Loose" is spelled with only one "o". It is "Lose," as in, "I am going to lose the game." I'm almost certain it is spelled this way. Certain enough to point it out, and yet not quite certain enough to prevent me from feeling nervous as I submit this. Feel free to snarl at me and send an angry reply if you find that I have made an error in the assumption of this word.

Good luck to you, and happy writing!
frolic-horror chapter 16 . 5/31/2010
I read this story on your site and I wanted to leave you a review so ye! I found your FP :)

I don't think I've read a slash story set in a society with institutionalized slavery where one of the characters doesn't end up a slave and has to adapt, etc. I like that type of plot, but it's very refreshing when someone doesn't stick to it. I'm also glad you didn't make slavery sound acceptable in any way, not even for the bad guys :P Nobody diserves to be "broken in" (I'm also a fan of an Orange Clockwork, btw, and your story reminded me of some of the morals in it).

I must say that one of my favorite characters was actually Geoffrey Singer. He was a very complex, "grey" character. I couldn't help but feel sympathy towards him.
hpstrangelove chapter 16 . 4/17/2010
I just finished this story today, after having only started it yesterday - I couldn't put it down. I also just rec'd it to a friend of mine, because I think it is amazing.

You create such an interesting and believable universe - it reminds me a bit of Remastering Jerna, although neither fic is anywhere near the same plotwise.

I enjoyed how you drag the reader in at the beginning with the description of the almost ordinary life of a fourteen-year-old school boy. I should have anticipated what was to come, but I just didn’t see it! And the epilogue was such a perfect touch – JK could certainly learn a thing or two from you about writing one properly!
Dark Lynnette chapter 5 . 4/17/2010
WOW. The voice of the narrator is amazing and the imagery is great. I'm so glad that you put so much thought and effort into this. I really don't know how to convey the different-ness of this story and how effective the style is in creating this world. I hope you continue to write and put the necessary effort into all of your tales.
once chapter 16 . 4/14/2010
Upon reading your introduction, I was pretty skeptical about your intended effects.

Having just wept for the third time in the past hour, all skepticism is gone.

This should be published. It was beautiful, it was clever, it was terrifying and it was glorious.

Thank you for sharing it.
Tinted Windows chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Wow... commenting here cause it all carries on on ur main site so the 1st chapter seems more appropiate :)

Really well written and well thought out story. Absalutly luved the ending! Amazing, wish more endings where simmliar just because it wraps everything up neatly and ties it with a bow. It makes sence and i can atchually come to terms witht he fact it has ended.

Love the totaly hypacrasy and is it just me but is the things they do with the slaves more than alittle kinky! xP

love the fact the ending was written by their 'brother' just seems right :)

Thx for writting it, its brilliant and also just one problem... wheres chapter 9! I mean... WTF! am i missing somthing? :/

Lol luved it even withought xD

TTW x
SingMeSweetly chapter 16 . 4/6/2010
I really really really really enjoyed reading your story. Your writing captivated me. Your plot was amazing and the amount of work you put into the different world and the all the politics was splendid. The epilogue surprised me with the style you wrote it in, but I very much enjoyed it. Thank you for posting such lovely writing.
whiterae chapter 16 . 4/2/2010
Wow... You're an amazing writer. I was so happy when he tried to find Eric. I was hoping that would happen since he met Eric after he was enslaved. You're an amazing writer. Not much else I can say.
Fenchurch chapter 16 . 3/30/2010
I really enjoyed this story - even the darker bits. I especially love the 'authenticity' thing at the end, tying up loose ends and also giving us something to think about. It's reminiscent of The Handmaid's Tale. Thank you for this well-written and thought-provoking, as well as enjoyable, tale.
Nemecic chapter 12 . 3/30/2010
Love the title of this chapter! Was it inspired by the "French Connection"?

And so, things start to take shape. Good!
Bravo chapter 16 . 3/29/2010
A very well-done story. It's crystal clear that you've dedicated a great amount of effort into not just crafting these characters, but the entire political climate in which they live. The tale is engrossing-by turns charming, heart-breaking, horrific, and touching. I particularly liked the epilogue which enables us to see the results of their efforts, but grants us some emotional distance so we can maintain the memory of who they were; it made certain aspects hurt a little less!

If I were to offer any critique, it would be to tighten up some of the monologues-particularly those of Singer. I know that a) he's a lawyer and b) the info he gives is crucial, but he does drag on a tad at times.

On the whole, a wonderful piece that I greatly enjoyed reading. Thank you for sharing this fully-imagined world with us!
Mike chapter 16 . 3/29/2010
Thank you for writing this. I really liked how different from other fiction this felt. The way you make your characters speak, its almost like poetry in a way.. Loved it. M:)
Shriken chapter 16 . 3/29/2010
This was absolutely wonderful. The storyline, though not entirely, had elements which made it different. You were incredibly detailed where it counted, and I love the epilogue. It was lovely to read. I couldn't stop until the very end. Thank you.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »