Reviews for twelve step
she smolders chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
Oh wow, you sure do know how to tell a story. I love this.

Take care.
noctema chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
it's almost hard to look, but it's wonderfully morbid. almost disgusting in a way. but i loved it. shows how mentally stable i am...
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
A clever poem. I like the structure and voice. I've read this several times in order to grasp the concept. To me, it's about being cut off from the rest of the world, or not knowing themselves well enough, or searching themselves. But I could be wrong about my interpretation.

Just one thing:

"why

are you getting made at me?" - is the "made" intentional, or should it be "mad"?
Louis Denair chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
"teeth taste like coffee, and withered

silver spoons plucked off the

tongue of eden-ville where I ran

through an open field chasing after a

stray kite. the sky was grey, I remember that," My favorite stanza. The brutality of being removed from that childhood 'edenville' and the sheer emotion inherent in the moment is stirring. It is moving that even than, in innocent hours, the sky yawned gray and ominous, as if in expectation of the storming corrupting to come. All this 'step' is remarkable. You go further, emphasizing how the speaker tried and tried to run faster there, as if to grasp happiness, or sense, or to outrun family expectations, social expectations ,and always failing. Strongly exhibited sentiments easily related to.

The title and convention of twelve steps is rather devious, makes me think it's all a dance, a dance macabre perhaps, a slow dance of superficial descent into that dreaded conscious of our own mediocrity, be it right or wrong.