Reviews for My Day Plus Jesus, The Rant
cooldas chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
"...could be taking us to the stars, or curing disease, finding solutions to all the unanswered questions, or just spreading the good times around to people less fortunate than themselves."

Hmm...so are you doing any of these? Christians are called to help people who are less fortunate than themselves. There's tons of Christian charities helping people all over the world.

Why do you think Christians are stupid for believing in what they do? Just because it doesn't make sense to you it doesn't mean it's not true. If you've had a personal experience with God, seen a miracle happen, or heard His voice, how can you go back to not believing? And if you have something good, why wouldn't you want to share it with others? Try to think about it from the other person's perspective.
Lord Vivian Darling chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
You're so right! You should read,'The God Delusion' by Richard atheist !
redacted chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
Hrm, kicked over the hornets nest with that one.

Cool.

I would like to remind everyone that this was a rant and not in any way designed to be a structured argument against religion.

That's been done quite a few times before, and it's boring to read.

The fact that I muddled so few things, is, tbh, a miracle. (No pun intended)
Mari chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
While I think you brought up some valid points, I have a few problems with your rant.

Firstly, as an athiest and as someone whose schooling experience involved many discussions about religion and lack of it, I have to question you when you make the religious people in the US out as closed-minded as you did.

No mildly or moderately religious Christian would behave like that, unless you showed major intrest/belief, simply because if they were mildly or moderately Christian they would know not everyone is automatically Christian. And I seriously doubt that if you politely told someone you're not Christian someone else would publicly call you out on it, especially in the manner described.

But I could be wrong. Do you talk to a lot of people who hang around dicks?

Moving on, your lack of capitalization when it comes to the word "god" is incorrect nine times out of ten. When you're talking about the god of Christianity, you use a capital because "God" is his name. Because of your otherwise good grammar, I can only assume this is from some sort of misplaced belief that spelling it with a capital is wrong. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

And don't make false claims. Most of 100,0 gods have *not* been around for longer than the Christian god, and you know it.

That being said, you're right when you said that people are scared and sometimes they need religion to help them along. But what's wrong with that?

Mari
LittleLoser.AndRoloLamperouge chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
The Bible is not a trash, let me tell you that.

Ok, I understand you're no believer of the Word but, four words: is the Truth. I hope someday you'll find yourself amazed by God's helping grace.

-LittleLoser-