Reviews for London Fog
roulette rouge chapter 2 . 8/8/2010
Very interesting! I like the descriptions. They're very detailed and well-written.

I will put this on my alerts and hope you update soon!
Searite chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
This is really well written, I quite like both characters here and I don't usually read historical fiction lol. I love the movement of your words and how they convey emotion. Will keep reading :)
J.E.Wyatt chapter 2 . 4/7/2010
I finally found time to read the rest of this chapter. I loved it! hahaha. I love the wit present in every conversation shared by the characters. It's such a refreshing read.

Hope you'll update soon!
silverkitty chapter 2 . 3/28/2010
Wow, I love your story!) Good sentence structure and an intesersing plot, I am waiting for your updates
Komal chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
This is already right up there with the best of the best on fictionpress. You're such a good writer! I can't wait to read more!
CelticGirl54 chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
Goodness, what an incredible first chapter.

The writing is one of the best I have seen on this site, and it is a pleasure to find gems like this.

I like Lucy and am eager to read more. :)
Kajal chapter 2 . 3/26/2010
Wow! You've written these first 2 chapters so well. The dialogue and situations work really well and you don't appear to be an amateur at this at all. I can't wait to read more and see where you take this story.
J.E.Wyatt chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
I read your story! Twice! I was so stunned by how well this draft was written. My favourite line was the description of Lucy's lips-how they were ones Alex could trust to always speak the truth, or somewhere along those lines. Oh man. And your phraseology was so Victorian-esque! I tend to slip into modernism often so am not the best judge. But still. I think I've read enough to say that you have a great grasp of the 19th c. language.

As for the flow of the story-it did feel like there was a lot of narrative in between the dialogues. But I'm not too sure what to think of it. Half of me says that it breaks the flow of conversation, while the other half of me notes on what a great technique it is to show the sincere emotions behind each uttered phrase.-i think you should keep it as it is, whatever the case. It's not a big issue. I say you should write on. And after you've finished the book, and return to edit, you'll know then whether or not some of the narratives are necessary or not.

Oh gosh. But I did really adore this chapter! So much foreshadowing of the drama to come... And poor Lucy! I already like her. Such a sweet girl. You've set good tension into the story what with the revelation that Lizzy used to be Alex's-ehm-bedmate? Haha.

Anyway, keep writing. Don't look back and edit or anything. Besides my little conflicting emotions on the narrative bits-it truly is perfect! I'm amazed. I can't get over this story of yours. You have talent.