Reviews for Seahorse Love
Julietish chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Hi! It's Juliet from A Drop of Romeo. When your story was featured on ADoR, this review was written for it: An unconventional viewpoint on an unconventional romance. This story is amazingly, gently, beautifully written.

Betty and Gerald are seahorses. Their relationships with their owners, Mary Ann and Ian respectively, are at once possessive and caring. It is through their eyes, and their perspective from their tanks, that Mary Ann and Ian’s romance unfolds. The day that the two human lovers move in together, Betty and Gerald meet.

It’s an instant connection.

Honestly, I’m not used to seahorse lovin’. (Not sure if anybody is...) But the adorable descriptions make me want to hug these seahorses, dampness be damned. They are bashful and charming throughout their first meeting, their first kiss and their first child. Based on a singular idea, this one-shot is flawlessly written. I applaud the remarkable plot, faultless grammar and lovable characters. It’s just so...warm. I love it.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
I laughed so hard reading this story! a very interesting perspective!

- L.C.
PandyMi chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
this is so cute! I was grinning like an idiot throughout the story.
ultimatewifi chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Um. Wow. I never in a million years thought that I would ever read a romance story revolving around seahorses... O_O
And lemme just say that it was completely FLADORABLE AND I LOVED ITTTTT. I loved Gerald from the first word he er... "spoke". (: "Sup" just "Sup". Nothin much. He's just a boss, obviously :DDDD I hope you write other such cute thangs :p
InkWitch chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
THAT IS SO CUTE OMG. That was adorable. The writing, both of yours, is absolutely brilliant. There were very few mistakes and most of them unnoticeable.
I LOVED Gerald.
Cheryl White chapter 1 . 5/18/2011

HAHAHA, kidding! I have lots more to say! :P ))

Betty and Gerald are so innocent. HAHAHA! And the fact that Gerald's the one who got preggy was hella funny. Weird, but I loved it!

Your story was absolutely GNARLY. HAHAHAAHAHA. Two thumbs up!
the girl julianna chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
This was SO freaking adorable. Who knew seahorses could be so cute? I kinda want to buy one now...

Favorite line: I still would sometimes forget where the water ended and the glass began. But it was okay, I'd make it somehow, I knew it.

Great oneshot.
Robin Leigh chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Aww, this was adorable. :D
TasteYourSins chapter 1 . 10/24/2010

Very unique for a change. ;)
Midnight113 chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
This was pure genius! I absolutely loved it. Telling the story from the seahorses point of view, now that was amusing. Everything about it was adorable and funny and just downright cute! I don't think it would have worked or had the same cuteness affect had it been told from another sea creature's perspective, lol.

Oh and I just love how Betty can speak Spanish, impressive little thing. Gerald was such an interesting character, the whole 'sup' greeting just made him all that more adorable. The best part though, was my reaction to him feeling sick. The second I read that line I just kept thinking, 'isn't it the males of that species that reproduce?' and sure enough... now that really had me cracking up. Very original and unique and it definitely brought a smile to my face. I love the moment the two were placed in the same tank and how their two lives were molded together in the end just like their owners. A masterpiece... well done!
Nora chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
This was so cute! I adore the seahorse personification. Betty and Gerald were awesome! Oh, I'd love to see a sequel to this one!

WishBlade chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
Oh mah gah! That was insanely awesome! Absolutely hilarious and pretty darn adorable as well ] The 'Oh mah gah' was my favorite line. Just sayin'
Scheherzade chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
This was RIDICULOUSLY adorable. :3
Ryhona chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
This was so hilarious and cute and adorable all at the same time! Oh my god; I had a smile on my face throughout much of the story.
Juliet chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Hi, it's Juliet from A Drop of Romeo and this one-shot has been inducted to ADoR's one-shot category. Congratulations! To be fair, I'm linking the one-shot to here since I linked "Skulls in the Closet" to RentBoheme's copy of it. Lovely job! Here's your raving review:

This is another collaboration between RentBoheme and Morine, authors of Skulls in the Closet. It's utterly adorable and beautiful, not to mention unique. The authors personify sea horses in the cutest way possible. It's kind of funny, too.