Reviews for Erestina: Rebirth
Prinnydood02 chapter 36 . 6/7/2010
Cyrus can't seem to enter a fight without getting beat up, can he? He's a little like Baylor except his wounds aren't life-threatening.

I thought the fight with the snake thing was a little hard to follow at the beginning, but once it hit its stride, things smoothed out a bit. I think it was because of all of the perspective shifting. Once the fight went outside where things were more focused, it was great.

Magic hairpin? Joy probably charmed it or something. I wonder where it took James...
Prinnydood02 chapter 35 . 6/7/2010
Why does Louisa have to stay behind? This little excursion won't be the same without her.

He appeared to instinctively walk closer to Johanna, almost touching her, as if he couldn't function without someone petite to protect.

The above line made me laugh! Cyrus oozes the most character when Erestina isn't around. She acts like a restraining bolt to his true character in some ways. Really good job on his development.
Prinnydood02 chapter 34 . 6/7/2010
I feel like I've been waiting fifty chapters to be reacquainted with Roth and Joy. All of the name-dropping during the wait certainly didn't help, either. I'm also not surprised to see Joy hasn't changed, though I am surprised to see Roth in such a feeble state.

"We need your help," James said before the Angel could start spouting apparent cryptic randomness.

This is possibly the greatest sentence I've ever read! Maybe that's why I like Joy so much... the cryptic randomness does a lot to build her character and give her a touch of insanity as well.

Joy was absolutely amazing in this chapter. She's hilarious in the way she seems slightly disconnected from everything that goes on around her. I find it a refreshing change from the dire situation taking place right now.
Prinnydood02 chapter 33 . 6/7/2010
Cyrus is definitely an interesting character. I see him as Erestina's sentinel more and more. Thankfully, he doesn't come off as a detached little boy with no emotion. Even though he doesn't explicitly show it, he's really attached to Erestina emotionally. I like it!

James seems to have "feelings" a lot lately. Either that, or he's pretty trusting of random strangers he meets. I'd be a bit more wary of a boy who can vanish into thin air. Let's just hope they're not headed into a trap or something.
Prinnydood02 chapter 32 . 6/7/2010
What an intense chapter. We haven't had one of these in a while.

This mysterious old man intrigues me. Obviously he has some relation to Baylor, but why not stick around and talk to him if he saw him as a son? Weird...
lili999 chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
hi !

Cheap retail watch, sunglasses, belt, hats/caps, High quality T-shirts,

ED hardy t-shirts,ED Hardy hoodies,ED hardy ,Jeans,GUCCI shoes,LV Handbag,Chanel

Handbag…high quality,low to
Prinnydood02 chapter 31 . 5/23/2010
I was amused by James's and Luke's conversation. The way Luke picks on James is so natural, but also all in good fun.

With bandits on their way so close to Gislan, I hope the group doesn't get put in a camp like before.
Prinnydood02 chapter 30 . 5/20/2010
I'm growing to like Cyrus quite a lot. Characters that try to prove their worth to others is, in my mind, an amusing trait. The fact that he actually has skill to back up his claims is good. I get this image of a stoic young man who's got Erestina's protection as his number one priority.

I also think you're very skilled at conversational dialog. You do a really good job of carrying a conversation from one topic to another without any jarring transitions. It wasn't only here, though, it's been throughout the entire series. Good job with that.
Prinnydood02 chapter 29 . 5/18/2010
I'm glad things went well between James and Megan. I guess his love for her was real seeing how it wasn't somehow erase when he regained his memory. That was good to see.
Never Winter chapter 28 . 5/16/2010
Yeah! I finally caught up. I'm really liking this story, it reminded me of LoZ at first, what with the shrines and prophisies. Anyway, good work, keep updating.
Prinnydood02 chapter 28 . 5/16/2010
Joy Angel suddenly got a lot weirder. I thought she was some sort of bad guy, but maybe I was wrong. If she'd reveal a way to help Baylor then I guess she can't be too bad, right? The question is, where does Roth fit in?
Prinnydood02 chapter 27 . 5/14/2010
If I read the beginning right, then Devin is a human. If that's right, then I'm certainly surprised. Actually, pleasantly surprised would be more accurate. I expected him to be some sleek and elegant Forces or something, but instead, he's a weathered man. He's also got a bit of a snarky side to him which I enjoy. All-in-all, he's subverted my expectations, while exceeding them at the same time.

"Boy, if I wanted you to disappear, you wouldn't have come back. All the luck in the world, child."

The man even has cool comebacks! I think I'm going to enjoy reading more about him.
Prinnydood02 chapter 26 . 5/13/2010
You got my heart racing with the descriptions of Baylor's reveal and the moments during his rescue. It was very fast-paced, which I enjoyed.

Honestly, I was surprised to see Quinn make her return so soon. I'd assumed she was Devin's right-hand or something and wouldn't properly reappear until the climax. Oh well, at least she's dead... right? Though, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed how she was struck down. I wanted to see her torn limb from limb, or have her die after a long and grueling battle, I guess.

But none of that matters because Luke returned! I want to see if he has some super-secret Rain Spirit powers or anything! Maybe he'll be able to channel some power into the Rain Stone and return it to it's original power. That's my guess, anyway.

Now, I really can't wait to see what happens next!
Prinnydood02 chapter 25 . 5/11/2010
The first few paragraphs were beautifully done. It was interesting seeing James's train of thought in trying to analyze Johanna. She's definitely an interesting girl.

What a time for Quinn to make her return. I've said this before, but she needs a good sword through the abdomen. Her and her sisters. I think now would be a good time.

The group's talk about Baylor's escape plan sounds like it'll be quite exciting! But, I can't help but feel something will go wrong... it always does. I'd like for Devin to make an appearance, if only so I can get a look at him.
Prinnydood02 chapter 24 . 5/9/2010
James seemed a lot like Johanna's diary in this chapter. What I mean by that is sh just poured all of her troubles into him and he took it all in without complaint. He seemed generally interested in her troubles which was nice.

I'm really interested to hear what Johanna has to say about Louisa and Baylor during the ten-year gap. Hopefully it'll fill in some blanks as to how Baylor got so confident and became such a bold leader.
81 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »