Reviews for Dayenu
Drepanididae chapter 22 . 8/21/2016
I have to commend you, this was a powerfully moving piece. It's a testament of how one person can affect great change, and how people can be deeper than they seem and can change. I'll be honest and that it was painful reading this book, because the writer has such a way with words, as to capture the character's pain and suffering. I only hope that the characters keep moving forward from this and move on. Keep on writing, this was truly deep.
Obsidius chapter 22 . 7/31/2010
Thank you for writing this. It touched something deep within me. Not sure what really. But I know there's a time coming that the govt is going to make people disappear for speaking out and call it treason. Heck some call saying anything against the US govt Unamerican. which I think is totally and utter BS.

once again this was a great story. Makes ya sit back and think about things.
Sure Things Falling chapter 22 . 7/23/2010
Hey,

I just finished reading through this whole story and I must say I was quite impressed. The actual writing was almost flawless and had generally correct grammar and punctuation, which is a rarity in itself on this site...

It read just like a best selling page turner and the theme was deeply interesting and full of moral questions. I loved your characters and found all of them very easy to relate to, though my personal favourite would have to be Elliot. I myself do not like to associate with a particular branch of christianity but the religious aspect of the story was well done.

A few minor issues I had with the story that I think may have improved it... Firstly, the character Andrew that you introduced at the start as the friend could have played a slightly more important role. It would have added an interesting twist. Also, the idea that the entirety of the Mars operation is run as a prison and their is no scientific presence on the planet is... unusual. A research base or some kind of independent colony would almost be expected.

If you look at colonies such as America and Australia, much of the country was settled by free settlers and pioneers rather than solely convicts. Mars, if it is accessible in a one month time frame as you suggest, would have the same things happen. Another slight issue I have is the ability of the government to cover-up the entire scandal. Conspiracy theories as a general rule are almost impossible to keep secret for long...

Anway, thanks a lot for a brilliant read and God bless.
E. K. Drennan chapter 22 . 7/18/2010
I loved it so much, read it all in one go. I'm so glad i found this story. You ended it perfectly, not a sappy fairytale ending, and not a tragic ending either, it was just right.
Isforwinners chapter 22 . 7/1/2010
This was... wow. In a word, amazing.

Speechless.
Searite chapter 22 . 5/15/2010
I can't believe it ended, this was a really beautiful story, thanks so much for sharing it :) amazing concept and execution and heart.
CreativityStreak chapter 22 . 5/8/2010
*Sits quietly in a moment of silence and shock* It's over... This wonderful story is over! T.T I have to say...it was SO GOOD! Very realistic and very touching. I didn't realize that it would end so soon and I vaguely hoped that we would get a glimpse of the newly reconstructed Mars! T.T Ah well. Very nicely done nonetheless!
Racer283 chapter 22 . 5/8/2010
Elim your story was really good I enjoyed reading it. May God lead you in your faith and the direction of his plan for you.
Racer283 chapter 21 . 5/6/2010
Pretty good chapter can't wait to read more of it. I like how you incorporate some Catholic themes in this story and how some of your characters in a way relate to some of the biblical people from the bible. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter.
Racer283 chapter 20 . 5/6/2010
This is really good story. Can't wait to read more of it to see what happens next and what will they see once they land on Mars. Keep up the good work.
Searite chapter 17 . 4/24/2010
I need to know what is going to happen next :) can't wait
CreativityStreak chapter 17 . 4/24/2010
This is by far my favorite chapter! I somehow knew halfway along that what happened to Father Robin was going to happen. What I didn't expect, however, was James reaction to this. I want to know what will happen next!
Plastick Hart chapter 14 . 4/17/2010
This story is beautiful. It is amazingly written. Please keep this story going.
Searite chapter 13 . 4/13/2010
I love the flow of the story and the names of the chapters...I like how naturally time has elapsed, James' characterisation is really consistent, his state of mind fits what has happened. The conversation about non-violence makes me think too.
Searite chapter 12 . 4/9/2010
I like how I don't know what to expect from this story, can't wait to read more..and lol for chapter 8 with casting eliot as Pilate.