Reviews for i try to memorize your face
steffxnie chapter 3 . 5/1/2010
I like the feeling in this. So softly stunning. A wonderful collection. Please continue. :)
for shame chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
i love to bury my nose in a really old book.

i love that smell more than i love the smell of freshly cut grass.
Isca chapter 3 . 3/21/2010
"An old soul." If there are "young souls" and "old souls," do "old souls" eventually "die"?

"Let me disappear into a world of vapor." STUNNING.
Isca chapter 2 . 3/21/2010
"Cold shadows." Beautiful opening.

"Memories that she doesn't dare to breathe." Wow. I'm wondering if "daren't" would work better here instead of "doesn't dare." Do you think it would make the piece too archaic? Anyway, I love the idea that we are able to "exhale" memories; that's brilliant!

"Floorboards of her heart creak." Like a lonely attic. I love it.

"The wind chimes chime." Hmm. I'm not to keen on the second chime. Perhaps another words would be better: rustle, flutter, dance, sing, etc.

"Echoes the emptiness." Interesting. You'd think that the emptiness would have no resounding waves at all. But, I like the idea that even "emptiness" has a musical tone, if you will.

"I want a flood to devour us and wash us all away." I want that sometimes too.

I really enjoyed reading this piece. :)
Isca chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
"Kill me." I like the impactful nature of this line; it's so short that it "kills" any sense of lingering hope in the poem. I like that.

"She drowns out words with more words." Interesting. She is afraid of silence, then. I like the idea, also, that only words can kill words - that's profound and thought-provoking.

I like the "musty old smell" part too; it's relatable, but it's a good image.