Reviews for Passion Flight
Princess-anna57 chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
Very nice! I like the new words that it has taught me :) Keep writing!
Anna :)
darkershadeofpale chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
The longing sort of pleading here is lovely and wistful and again, is beautiful in its simplicity. You're good at simplicity. )

. darker shade of pale
Raebie chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
Very sweet.
SirScott chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
It's clever.

SirScott
Ganondorf The Dark Knight chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
The way this seems to naturally flow is very nice. Your vocabulary choices were appreciated. Simplistic, as a haiku should be; still, enjoyable.
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Such a nice sound to it when you say it aloud ] Especially the first line
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Beautiful and to the point. I have nothing else to say, as it is well written. :-)
nickyO chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Thoughtful and smart and simply excellent work.
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Aw, I love natural images. But this is surprisingly unsurprising for one written by you..
Mirabella chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
I like the idea of a "peregrine heart", lovely free image. :)

All of the imagery and connotations in this work wonderfully. :)
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
Interesting, you want the heart of a falcon to stay with you but you don't want to be tied down? (I'm no good at Haiku)
J.A. Fletcher chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
The words flowed very well. Good haiku, Slinger.
Eternal Skies chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
Loved the idea, every word feels like it's carefully placed and it makes the haiku sound really good other than the meaning itself.

This bird-person feels rebellious, maybe adventurous, someone who wants to go everywhere.

I liked the term "jess" you, though this is my first time hearing it :D
Isca chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
I've been to a bird of prey show before (and actually ended up holding a Harris Hawk). So, naturally, this haiku was very special/personal for me.

"Peregrine heart, stay." That's kind of oxymoronic, really. A falcon's heart is free, so the fact that you paired it with "stay," is very crafty. I like this opening line. :)

I'm not sure about the syllable count of the second line. Is "gyre" two syllables? Is "while" two syllables? I guess it depends on pronounciation.

"I won't try to jess you." I love this ending; it's so beautiful and heart-wrenching.